Pay in Three payment showing twice in my bank account

VJD1972
Contributor
Contributor

I set up Pay in Three payments for a transaction - the first payment seems to have been taken twice on two different dates - both showing as pending in my bank account.  I have used Pay in Three several times and this has never happened before.  Does this mean two payments will go out, as only one payment is showing as paid in my PayPal account, or will one be refunded?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gems76
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had this happen. The second one never went through though showed as pending for a week then dropped off. You can chat to the bank and see if they can decline the pending second payment.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @VJD1972

welcome to the PayPal Community! I can certainly understand how a duplicate transaction would be a bit concerning. What @Gems76 stated regarding the authorisation is correct - It should normally fall off and be voided on its own if you see it on your bank history. You can read more about this kind of authorisation here: Why is there a pending authorisation shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 3 transaction?

I hope that Help Center article helps. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.