Pay in 4

Natzsvt
Contributor
Contributor
so I was purchasing something in a Pay in 4 transaction and I made the mistake of paying from the “cart” page so once I went to “shipping” it was making me pay again. I went to my PayPal history and it said I had an authorizing payment. There’s no cancel button and I contacted the merchant and she said since it didn’t go through she wasn’t able to do anything on her end. I contacted PayPal support and the robot wasn’t able to do anything about the issue and suggested I open a dispute but when I select the authorizing payment for opening a case, it said that that transaction isn’t available for opening a dispute. I feel like I’ve tried everything. What should I do ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Natzsvt,

Welcome to our community page and thank you for your post!

I understand your concern about your funds. When making a purchase with Pay in 4, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your specified payment method for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one fourth of your total purchase amount which will show as a pending authorization in your account. Information about Pay in 4 payments can be found here  : Questions about Pay in 4 repayments

Once you complete your purchase with Pay in 4 and the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorization will be removed and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your specified debit or credit card. If the purchase is not completed, any authorization will get voided in 72 hours. After the payment gets completed, you can contact the merchant for a refund or dispute the charge selecting the relevant options in the resolution center of your PayPal account.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.