Pay in 4

lacir
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the hardest time getting a CS agent to help me but I chose the Pay in 4 for a recent $120 transaction. Instead PayPal deducted $120 AND took the first $30 payment of the 4 installments. Spoke with the boutique I purchased from and on their end it only shows $120 but on my activities I see both. How can I make this Pay in 4 stop completely now that the totals been paid in full?? SOS.
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

TSab65
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, I have 3 amounts pending on my bank account, but two are duplicate amounts, PayPal is showing the purchase amount and the two duplicate amount. I'm removing my bank account from PayPal, this is dangerous. I agreed on Pay in 4, every two weeks the same amount, starting the day of purchase. Why all this DRAMA with PayPal. Every merchant is doing these split payments , why use PayPal at this point. with all these errors.  

Pending11/30/20PAYPAL *PYPL PAYIN4 <removed>Debit–$96.62Pending11/30/20PAYPAL *PYPL PAYIN4 <removed>Debit–$96.62    

Login to Me Too

Tannia1
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same issue. Now my account is in the negative due to this
Login to Me Too

almlovesu
New Community Member
I'm having issues with this as well. I ordered something for my granddaughter online and chose the Pay in 4. They took my down payment and the next payment isn't due until Dec 24th! Now they're sending me an email saying I haven't made any payments! Whattt? Seriously, I am never going to use this plan again! I'm so frustrated because it was a gift for my granddaughter. Think I'm just going to cancel and close my Paypal account.
Login to Me Too

jrockett
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure who marked this as resolved...this is not resolved as it is still continuing to happen to multiple people. The amount is not showing as an auth in my PayPal, the payment was deducted from my bank account as well as the Pay in 4 amount. This needs to be resolved. 

Login to Me Too

Same Thing happened to me and then they email me and tell me not to reply on the email which doesn’t matter anyway because nobody’s getting it. They tried to explain to me in that same email that I was not charged twice only the ones, because it’s not coming up on my PayPal account only in my bank account. I screenshot it it six times and sent numerous messages and nobody still gotten back to me. Now I’m about to have a flurry of transactions go through and insufficient fun fees because I wasn’t planning on that money coming out yesterday.
Login to Me Too

Rebe7
Contributor
Contributor

they told me I didn’t select the Pay in 4 options when I clearly did.

Login to Me Too

Nychii
Contributor
Contributor

This is NOT resolved. I had an issue where the Pay in 4 went through but the merchant didn't get the payment and it's not in their transaction history; therefore, I didn't get that product. I decided to go ahead and pay in full the second time and I got the product.

For the last MONTH I've been trying to get PayPal to cancel this fake payment. They asked me to request the merchant cancel, the merchant said they can't cancel because they never got that payment and it's not in their system. Then PayPal went around trying a large number of things, the first was that they would resolve this with their resolution center (which as far as I can tell, they didn't), they asked me to resolve it myself through the resolution center (which I sent images that I can't, I get an error), and then I asked if I should dispute the payments with my credit card company after I make the payment, they said yes which I just did that and it REOPENED THE PAYMENTS AND CONTINUED TO CHARGE ME.

I'm now on my 4th message with their help center because the tickets keep closing, apparently if you don't message within 24hs, they just close the message and you have to start a new one. I don't know what to do.

UPDATE: I finally got a call from PayPal because they believe there's a debt due to the disputed charge backs and they gave me the Pay in 4 phone number where someone walked me through how it shows up in my account. It seems like they've only charged me once and not twice. Thank you Pay in 4 customer service team. Really appreciate the help!

Login to Me Too

JHStyle
Contributor
Contributor

OMG!! This is just so far from being resolved.

Here I was getting excited about Pay in 4 coming to Australia.
Sounds like a very unwelcome experience for some customers.

I do hope all the bugs are ironed out for it's Australian debut.

Login to Me Too

michellebartley
Contributor
Contributor

I just used the pay in 4 option today I made the purchase and pressed the button for pay in 4 but wasnt accepted, then lo and behold the payment went through for whole amount. I was annoyed do you have to do an application form for the pay in 4? 

Apparently this has not been set up yet for customers at this stage.

Login to Me Too

JHStyle
Contributor
Contributor

This is seeming a little crazy. This 'difficulty' is over a year old and not SOLVED by a long shot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.