Pay in 4

lacir
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the hardest time getting a CS agent to help me but I chose the Pay in 4 for a recent $120 transaction. Instead PayPal deducted $120 AND took the first $30 payment of the 4 installments. Spoke with the boutique I purchased from and on their end it only shows $120 but on my activities I see both. How can I make this Pay in 4 stop completely now that the totals been paid in full?? SOS.
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

inuratus
Contributor
Contributor

I've had one payment taken out of my bank account and one pending for 5 days now. Paypal has been giving me the run around. Did you resolve this?

Login to Me Too

Aam3
Did you ever get this resolved?? I did the same dang thing thinking I put something in wrong and now I have all this pending crap on my account and bank account.
Login to Me Too

pyt78
Contributor
Contributor

Thank I was trying to figure that out, and no one would help. Paypal blame it on the merchant, and the merchant blamed it on Paypal. I thought Ii was paying it twice, since I was on payment plan wit Pay in 4. It make since now, Thank you

Login to Me Too

tayyabiqbal929
Contributor
Contributor

@lacir

It happened because your bank card is already linked to your Paypal account. You need to first unlink the card before you make a deposit on your PayPal account. It has happened to me also. If you will deposit next time from your bank card, then please unlink the card and again write the information about your card. No Issue will come.

Login to Me Too

Rebe7
Contributor
Contributor
My bank account shows both payments pending. One for the pay in 4 and the other for the total amount of the merchandise. I can’t get anyone on the phone nor send a message.
Login to Me Too

Lars143
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah but PayPal doesn’t wait two weeks to take it out. They should but they don’t. My sister is a director for channel 4 bews. I’m seeing how many this pay in four B’s is causing snd im going to make it a news story. Then put it on YouTube. Anybody having issues with pay in for will find it- then it willl go viral- then PayPal will loose their pay in four customers fir every individual arbitration case that happens afterwards. I’m ready to give them hell for this. I’m a single mom with a disabled daughter and I am very angry for them drawing over half the payment in one week. Then they blame it on the merchant and say contact the merchant the version says we’re all good here and contact PayPal and PayPal says well we are the ones that refunded you the customer still owes us money so it’s a loop of no help no way no form know what house and that is complete **bleep**
Login to Me Too

Temp20210710a
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem I think I bought something for 260 sum and the payments are 90 sum and on PayPal it says the payment is due today but in my bank account it took the money already how do I fix this problem
Login to Me Too

Temp20210710a
Contributor
Contributor
Can u help me I bought something for 360 in pay in 4 but when I check PayPal it says the payment is due today but if I check my bank account it already took the money but it don’t show on PayPal how do I fix this pleaseeee help
Login to Me Too

isar2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I just experienced the same issue. Was this ever resolved, or should I immediately cancel my transaction from my bank?
Login to Me Too

Temp20210127d
Contributor
Contributor
For me, I got an email for both transactions from PayPal telling me that the "loan could not be approved" due to errors on their end. However, they refuse to do anything regarding the authorizations until it's been 30 days. I'm irate because your bank won't/can't really do anything when a transaction is pending and not posted. Paypal could release the authorization, but again, they said they won't before 30 days. So, yes. If your bank with let you cancel/dispute an authorization that isn't going to post, I say go for it asap because PayPal is NOT fixing the issue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.