Pay in 4

lacir
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the hardest time getting a CS agent to help me but I chose the Pay in 4 for a recent $120 transaction. Instead PayPal deducted $120 AND took the first $30 payment of the 4 installments. Spoke with the boutique I purchased from and on their end it only shows $120 but on my activities I see both. How can I make this Pay in 4 stop completely now that the totals been paid in full?? SOS.
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

isar2
Contributor
Contributor
But the transaction was posted, on both my bank and my credit. I've never used pay in 4 before so I'm even more frustrated.
Login to Me Too

isar2
Contributor
Contributor
Plus, the merchant also confirmed they received the payment, but only the amount of the purchase. They did not receive the extra payment of the "initial deposit".
Login to Me Too

Temp20210127d
Contributor
Contributor
Idk. That's up to you. Paypal didn't pay the merchant in my case so it's pretty simple for me since they're charging me for nothing. This is my first time using this also. In your situation, if it's posted and the merchant has been paid, I would just dispute one of the transactions but I would try contacting PayPal first for a refund.
Login to Me Too

isar2
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the advice
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CX
Contributor
Contributor
For my purchase, both the full amount and the 1st Pay in 4 payment showed up in my PayPal account, but only the Pay in 4 payment posted to my credit card. I think they have to record it so the merchant gets the full amount, then they only take the payments that were agreed on. Hope this helps 😁
Login to Me Too

pyt78
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this helps, so I'm going to check and see if the Pay in 4 came off my card and not the full amount that I keep seeing. It looks so confusing on my activity.

Login to Me Too

Maggie516
Contributor
Contributor

I just made a purchase Saturday Pay pal took the first payment and now they took another payment. Now I cannot contact anyone! 

Login to Me Too

Rebe7
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve used the pay in 4 several times and they never took both the pay in 4 payment and the whole amount for the merchandise from my account. Both are pending in my bank account. I can’t get no one on the phone and they aren’t taking messages. What’s funny is the pay for 4 with the amount taken says unknown but the whole amount is posted with the name of the computer under the next activity.
Login to Me Too

Aquarese112
Contributor
Contributor
Making a pay in 4
Login to Me Too

Dreux825
New Community Member
I have a similar issue. Made a purchase with paypal using the Pay in 4 method. the initial payment is a must (ok that was posted). I made another payment the same day (two payments one of those being the initial payment) my credit card is reflecting but my paypal account is only showing one payment. you can’t get anyone on the phone. this beyond frustrating. where is the other payment?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.