Pay in 4 refund to completed plans

Helenm74
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund after returning merchandise. My Pay in 4 plan for that purchase had already been completed.

Now that the refund has been processed it says 'paid to PayPal balance' in the email I was sent, but doesn't show in my balance. When I look at the refund transaction details in PayPal it says 'refunded to Pay in 4', but as the plan is completed it should just be refunded to my PayPal balance - or even the credit card I used to make the Pay in 4 payments?

Has anyone had any experience with Pay in 4 refunds where the plan was completed, this is my first and I am completely confused, there is no clear info in the help section, the message bot is no help and it seems impossible to actually email PayPal for help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Helenm74,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Sorry to hear you're running into some confusion on how your Pay in 4 refund is processing. Since it sounds like you're receiving the refund after after the plan has completed, your refund would go back to your PayPal balance. If you haven't seen the refund complete yet, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance.

Hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.