Can't find the Pay in 4 option

wilsonting
New Community Member

Been purchasing from a site that's been confirmed by other users to accept Pay in 4, but unable to find the option during payment. From Malaysia

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wilsonting 

Not always offered by paypal or available.

You can use it when offered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wilsonting 

Not always offered by paypal or available.

You can use it when offered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mothermare
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem a few months ago. First they charge me and take 5 days to refund the payment (I am told the amount was not correct) In the meantime they charge me the next day claiming the shipping charge changed and it was the sellers fault(per customer service). The payment is rejected because they haven’t refunded the first charge. I ask to speak to the billing department as I feel this will become a problem in the future. I am told there is no billing department. I pay them as soon as the money is back in the account and finish paying on time. I apply for another Pay in 4 and I am rejected because I have too many failed payments. 1 payment out of 8 and it is their fault!!! No intelligent human to talk to. No billing department (per customer service). How am I supposed to deal with this !!!
Login to Me Too

MikeOtown
Contributor
Contributor

DragonDoor.com includes the following PayPal script to show PayPal buttons:

<script
src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=<%=PayPalClientId%>&components=messages,buttons&commit=true&currency=USD&intent=authorize&enable-funding=venmo&disable-funding=card"
data-namespace="PayPalSDK">
</script>

We advertise "Pay in 4" on our site, however when I click the PayPal button at checkout, I am offered to pay from either my Checking Account or my PayPal Credit account.  "Pay in 4" specifically is not offered.

Is it possible to find out why "Pay in 4" is not being offered to me?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MikeOtown 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the Community Forum! I know it is frustrating when you don't see the expected result when testing your site. I'll be happy to provide some insight. 

The Pay in 4 option is not provided in every situation, even where it is set to be offered. There are other factors that are considered at the time of the payment, including matters of risk. If you're testing your own site in the live environment, the system may have detected enough risk that it removed the Pay in 4 option. There may be times when your buyers have circumstances that preclude the option from being offered, but having enabled it in your checkout, it will likely be shown the majority of the time.

I hope this information is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Erush01
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, My Pay in 4 option has suddenly vanished, even buying products from merchants I have previously. My partner can sit next to me on the same website and use Pay in 4 but I can't. PayPal support simply say they are 'saddened' and that some merchants aren't approved for Pay in 4, and they do credit checks so maybe I'm not eligible. There should be no issues with my credit and if there is, why can't they tell me? It's infuriating that I have lost access to a service and no one can tell me why or how to resolve it. If anyone had this issue and has found a resolution I'd love to know.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Erush01,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum, and I'm glad to see you post here, even if the reason for doing so is because of a frustrating situation. I hope I can offer some insight into why you may be seeing this.

If you are not seeing the Pay in 4 option, there are a few reasons why it might be. One possibility is that the merchant does not offer or is not qualified to offer the service. Another possibility is that there may be too many outstanding Pay in 4 transactions, or that the combined amount is high enough that it won't be offered again until that amount of debt is paid back. Another possibility is that there is some risk detected with the transaction or the login, and the system is denying that payment method as an option. That can sometimes happen even when the risk is not apparent to you or to a Customer Service teammate, as the system operates based on its review at the time each transaction is presented to it.

You may wish to try the transaction again at a later date to see if the system allows a Pay in 4 option at that time, or if there are other outstanding Pay in 4 purchases or balances with any other credit products offered by PayPal, try it once the repayments have been made on those.

I hope this information is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ElRush7
New Community Member
Issue resolved, for anyone else experiencing this I deleted my account and created a new one, straight away had Pay in 4 again as an option.
Login to Me Too

Alaurienzo
Contributor
Contributor

I haven’t been able to access pay in 4 all day, trying to pay off one, but can’t access.

Login to Me Too

Uneven6042
New Community Member

Yep, it's down for me on the app as well as online. It only appears on the app but I can't view or make payments on it. Maybe it's unexpected maintenance?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.