Pay in 4 charged early?

TreySantana
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently give pay in 4 a try, thinking that everything would be as smooth as another "pay later" option that I frequently use. My first payment was on the 3rd, which was paid immediately. 3 days later my card was charged again (unlike the first, I never received a "payment when through" e-mail and the repayment was still at 1/4). Long story short, I got nervous and just paid the whole thing off to avoid the headache. Will this "overcharge" be credited back into my account after 72 hours or 5 business days? If not, what do I do after that?

EDIT: I think this topic maybe in the wrong forum, not sure how to move it to Products & Services, sorry!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TreySantana 

Are you sure it was a completed charge and not a pending authorization (which simply sets aside the amount in your card account, the funds are not technically transferred over to PayPal yet, to complete later by PayPal)?

If you did overpay, you’ll be refunded to your PayPal balance eventually when the plan updates.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TreySantana 

Are you sure it was a completed charge and not a pending authorization (which simply sets aside the amount in your card account, the funds are not technically transferred over to PayPal yet, to complete later by PayPal)?

If you did overpay, you’ll be refunded to your PayPal balance eventually when the plan updates.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TreySantana
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I never received a payment completed e-mail, so the pending authorisation is most likely the case. It just felt so odd that it would try to charge my account so early after the first payment, probably to see if I could handle the next payment. I’ll give it the 5 or so business days before checking again. Cheers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.