Pay in 4 application error glitch

OneFancyPerson
Contributor
Contributor

I think I've encountered a glitch in trying to use Paypal's pay in 4 system and I can't seem to fix it in any way possible on my end. I've used pay in 4 a couple of times already and I have already paid off my last one. Before I paid it off, I was trying to start up a new Pay in 4 plan with a storefront that supports PayPal. I tried to use it and it made me check my info before it sent the application. Instead of getting approved, I got a "Something went wrong" error screen and would be prompted with a button to go back to the transaction screen with PayPal and be given no error code. Once back, the pay in 4 option would be gone. I called PayPal and they looked at my pay in 4 applications that none were denied. So I went looking at the community forums and someone mentioned that there could be a glitch when a pay in 4 transaction is refunded. It seems to be my case because I was refunded a completely paid off pay in 4 transaction because the website was out of stock of an item I preorder and they had decided to give me a full refund. I've since tried to use pay in 4 on other websites that have absolutely worked in the past but now I get the same error. They all fit the requirements to use pay in 4 but I keep getting the same "Something went wrong" error screen. I have no clue where to go to fix this or if I can fix this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Natasha

Hi @OneFancyPerson,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! Those are all great questions and concerns to have, regarding the Pay in 4 option. Rest assured, our application process is not determined by refunds received. Here is some helpful information, if you have questions about you Pay in 4 application. Hope this helps further. 

-Natasha
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.