Pay in 4 Option Gone After Making Business Account?

Todd6
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I changed my personal account to a business account, and despite having many pay in 4 plans satisfied and 3 still active, the pay in 4 option is now gone, missing and doesn't show up for me when I go to make purchases from vendors I normally buy from with pay in 4. Does anyone know how to fix this, so I can get the pay in 4 option to show up again?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Todd6

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I can understand why you'd wish to continue to use Pay in 4 with PayPal. Unfortunately, the option to use Pay in 4 may not always be available. If you have a Business PayPal account and have received any Goods / Services transactions in the last 12 months, Pay in 4 will normally not be available as an option during checkout.

However, you are allowed one Business and one Personal account with PayPal. If you would still like to continue to use Pay in 4, I might recommend using a Personal account. If you don't already have one established, you can open a Personal account by using a different email address than you used with your Business account. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Todd6
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Jon. Yup figured that out when I called customer service. I wish that there would've been a big warning dialogue box during the turn your personal into business option, that forewarned the PayPal user of that hidden deal breaker, for making a business account. I would've never made my account into a business account if I knew that upfront. I had so many completed pay in 4 plans under my belt and it was always my preferred method of payment. Now unfortunately I can't buy as frequently which is weird because I would think of any PayPal accounts they would want that feature in place because businesses buy more goods than a normal consumer. By taking away the pay in 4 all that happens is PayPal makes less money in transaction fees because I can't buy as much. Oh well... PayPal is probably too big to care and already makes too much money anyway. Back to using my MasterCard for buying goods. I'll give the transaction fees to my bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.