Pay in 4 Not Being Available

IlaR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have used Pay in 4 numerous times in the past. The other day when I went to apply for it, I was denied. PayPal stated the reason for the denial was because the "prior PayPal installment loan not paid as agreed." I am not sure what they could be referring to because I do not have any active installments currently. I called PayPal about this, but all they were able to tell me was that I can apply sometime in November. Has anyone encountered this, if so, how was it resolved? 

Thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @IlaR

Welcome to our community page and thank you for your post!   

Sorry for the inconvenience! Pay in 4 is not available for certain merchants and goods and we may also decide not to offer Pay in 4 as an option based on our internal checks. For more details, please check our article about Pay in 4 availability here.    

I hope this information helps, have a great day! 

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

IlaR
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Bindu! I have used Pay in 4 successfully at this merchant before. And for it to give me the same reason for denial when I have paid off everything is interesting. I am not sure what to do.
Login to Me Too

Shiro42
Same thing happened to me. It became available today. Guess what happened....AGAIN
Login to Me Too

IlaR
Contributor
Contributor
😭 I genuinely do not understand how this works.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.