Pay in 4 Issue

ovwL
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, this is my first time using pay in 4 option for paypal. For my first transaction using this option i did have a few problems. When placing the order  the first instalment did go through, but it went through twice. I checked with the store to make sure i didnt put through two seperate orders. When i look at the transaction they have different ID. Furthermore i only have one pay in 4 tab under my balance. Im confused and would love some help with this issue.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ovwL,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. When making a purchase with Pay in 4, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your specified card for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one fourth of your total purchase amount. This will show as a pending authorization within your PayPal Account Activity and also at your financial institution. Once you complete your purchase with Pay in 4 and the merchant ships your goods, any duplicate authorizations will be removed and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your specified debit or credit card.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ovwL,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. When making a purchase with Pay in 4, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your specified card for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one fourth of your total purchase amount. This will show as a pending authorization within your PayPal Account Activity and also at your financial institution. Once you complete your purchase with Pay in 4 and the merchant ships your goods, any duplicate authorizations will be removed and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your specified debit or credit card.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

courtneyhinton
Contributor
Contributor
No this doesn’t help. I was charged twice for the same product- once in full and again for installments.
Login to Me Too

courtneyhinton
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me. I can’t get it resolved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.