Pay in 3 problem

sarah_st225
Contributor
Contributor

I selected the 'PayPal Pay in 3' option when I went to buy some personalised jewellery. It come up that there was a error or something like that and it took a instalment from my bank account and when I checked on the website and my emails, the order hasn't gone through. The payment is marked as 'pending' on my paypal page but it has taken the money out of my bank. What do I do? I don't have this issue on Klarna

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Bunnystafzko
Contributor
Contributor
I've just had the same issue. Money taken but order not placed. How did you resolve this please?
Login to Me Too

baderrostom

Same problem, has been a while since this message and it's still happening

Login to Me Too

lee10000
Contributor
Contributor

You do get your money back after 3 working days… but still it’s a big inconvenience. I don’t understand how they can take money from your account it says pending from their side 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve not used it since and I never will again…. totally wrecked my weekend in London, has I tried on numerous occasions to book attractions and open top bus tour. It left me on a tight budget having to watch ever penny… 🤬 still makes me angry 😤 now 

Login to Me Too

Cmcfly365
New Community Member
Paypal are the biggest scammers ever. On Friday it was my sons birthday I went to Argos and used pay in 3 to get him a game, PayPal took my money and didn’t let me get the product so I called them and they said it didn’t go through so they will send the money back which would take 5-7 working days. I explained to them that I needed to sort out that day as it is my sons birthday. They told me that they did the only option that they could do so I called my bank. My bank had told me there was nothing saying on the system showing I was receiving my money back just a payment that PayPal had taken. My bank then told me that PayPal could do something called 0400 form or a reversal order and that stated that PayPal knew they could do either one but will not tell thier customers about it, my bank also told me to tell that they have received over 10 calls about the same problem that PayPal refused to sort out so they suggested if PayPal refuse to do either of the two just tell them confirm with my bank that they are sending money back so they could fast track it as on the system it did not show they had sent my money back. I then phoned PayPal back and told them what my bank told me and PayPal refused to do either. After I had explained what my bank had told me thePayPal employee had then refused to even give me thier name and put me on the phone to her super visor. The super visor refused to even contact my bank to confirm they was sending back my money and claimed it was because he already done it. I explained that my bank has said there had been no confirmation so could they resend it, again he refused. I couldn’t figure out why he wouldn’t at least confirm that they were planning on giving me back my money. Long story short metro had to sort it out and refund me my money as they had said PayPal were definitely not planning on giving me my money back. Just want to warn everybody that it is a scam and even when I ask the PayPal supervisor in the first phone call is there something wrong with my account? Why he had happened? And am I alright to use it in the future or would it happen again, I should of known I was going to get a problem from when he replied in the future use another payment method. To those that work and have money to lose maybe they won’t care but there are people that have kids and don’t have money like that to miss out on even if they was planning on sending it back in 7 working days some people can’t wait that long. I work but it was just too far from payday to take that loss especially as it was my sons birthday
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.