Pay in 3 problem

sarah_st225
Contributor
Contributor

I selected the 'PayPal Pay in 3' option when I went to buy some personalised jewellery. It come up that there was a error or something like that and it took a instalment from my bank account and when I checked on the website and my emails, the order hasn't gone through. The payment is marked as 'pending' on my paypal page but it has taken the money out of my bank. What do I do? I don't have this issue on Klarna

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

JoJoMarley
New Community Member

I have the same problem. Transaction didn't complete due to an issue with the vendor. Went through again as full payment (or so I thought)

My Paypal account shows the full payment and a pay in 3 payment coming out - however I've just spoken to credit customer service and they advised that the full payment I'm seeing is Paypal paying the full amount on my behalf, not what has come out of my account.

Unfortunately it is frustrating that you can't raise a dispute or discuss it with anyone over Messenger.

I rang the Credit support number - <removed> - again, doesn't seem set up well for Pay in 3, but if you go through to the options menu, I said 'Speak to Agent' and they put me through to an actual person.

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

BelinaAntonio
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, could you instruct me on how to get in contact with an actual agent. Thank you
Login to Me Too

lee10000
Contributor
Contributor

do not use it’s a joke…. Totally ruined my weekend away in London.. tried to pay with pay in 3, money gone out of my account  on numerous times after being told by customer services to keep trying to book another night in hotel due to my daughter being ill. So wanted extra night to make up. used this on numerous occasions and all fine, never missed a payment, if anything I’ve paid before dates due.. left me with £80 after trying time after time to get it to confirm my booking. money held pending in my bank. If not authorised on PayPal side they shouldn’t take money from your account. I had to wait for money to be authorised by my bank to get it back. Bloody joke closing down my account once paid off and will be tell everyone to stay well clear. 

Login to Me Too

Keena2
Contributor
Contributor
This has literally happened to me tonight! Be the last time I use this
Login to Me Too

sarah_st225
Contributor
Contributor
Hi for people wanting a update on this. I contacted PayPal via message and got a reply within a day. I explained what had happened and they removed the 'pending' transaction showing on my paypal and they told me that I'd be refunded within 5 days or so but I never seen the money go back into my bank. I just gave up. It was £26, if it had been more then I probably would have pursued it. After the jewellery website confirmed that my order definitely didn't go through, I made another order but just paid in full, it went through fine without a bother. I wouldn't use the pay in 3 unless I knew they've fixed the problem. I do use Klarna alot, which allows you to pay in 3 instalments with no fees, never had any problems with that. I do hope that paypal sort this issue as it would make lives much easier paying for items in instalments as not everywhere accepts klarna
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CW
Contributor
Contributor
I am having this exact same problem right now. They are telling me to cancel the payment plan with the merchant who are saying they have no knowledge of the order. It's concerning that you haven't had your money back. My purchase is £1700 and I very much don't want to see that disappear from my account. I won't be using PayPal again after this at all. So frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Clairel87
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get the money back? Having this problem now
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CW
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I did get my money back. They have said that the plan is cancelled but my account is still saying pending. So I'm hoping its cancelled and no payment suddenly going to become scheduled. Make sure you talk to someone rather than correspond via chat/messenger as they fobbed me off for a while. Customer service sorted it out in the end.
Login to Me Too

Clairel87
Contributor
Contributor
That's good to know, thank you for getting back to me! The lady on messenger gave me a phone number so will ring tomorrow 🙂 So annoying wish id just paid in full now, wont use it again haha
Login to Me Too

MrChase75
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal really starting to annoy me with this pay in 3.. Tried to place an order for a item took the money, transaction not completed or order placed.. Second time this has happened.. And this issue doesn’t occur with Klarna or Clearpay.. So inconvenient! 🤬
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.