Pay in 3 problem

sarah_st225
Contributor
Contributor

I selected the 'PayPal Pay in 3' option when I went to buy some personalised jewellery. It come up that there was a error or something like that and it took a instalment from my bank account and when I checked on the website and my emails, the order hasn't gone through. The payment is marked as 'pending' on my paypal page but it has taken the money out of my bank. What do I do? I don't have this issue on Klarna

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Budzilla
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same issues. Money gone from bank yet says transaction failed, also tried to make a manual payment and that also failed.
Login to Me Too

AviHen
New Community Member
I had the same issue.. But it took the payment twice. One payment has now been marked as successful and I have the order confirmed but the other was pending for 3 days then disappeared but the money hasn't returned back into my account. Trying to contact PayPal hasn't helped and the company I did the order with said they received one payment for the full amount so don't see the pay in 3 payment. Really frustrating.. Want to the money back!
Login to Me Too

Budzilla
Contributor
Contributor
I rang my bank and they returned the money straight away then I made e first payment and it went through ok
Login to Me Too

NRC13
New Community Member
I’ve had the same issue as this, still not located a way to get my money back and it’s a substantial amount. Did you get anywhere with it?
Login to Me Too

wnbrn
Contributor
Contributor
Have you had any luck with your issue being resolved. i was looking at some nike air force 1s i liked and decided to use the pay in 3 feature because i didn’t have enough to may it all in one go. the shoes were £90 so it would’ve been £30, monthly instalments however £25 and £90 are both pending purchases.
Login to Me Too

Lydiayuanyuqn
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, l have met the same problem as yours. Could l ask whether your order successfully placed? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Daveyy
Contributor
Contributor
I got the exact same problem, do you know how to get the money back if you have?
Login to Me Too

Steve3091
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue, PayPal are a nightmare to contact, bank can’t issue refund until transaction has cleared pending.
Login to Me Too

cstpa1
Contributor
Contributor

has your problem been solved? its been several days.. I have this problem now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.