Pay in 3 payment showing twice in my bank account.

Patrick848
Contributor
Contributor

I've just done a pay in 3 purchase and I have two payments with the same transaction number showing as pending on my bank account, will these both be taken?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Schae

Hello @Patrick848,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I see that you have some concerns regarding two payments for the same transaction using Pay in 3. I know what you be alarming to find and I'm sorry if things don't appear correctly on your end! A down payment is needed to get the Pay in 3 program going, which is counted as your first payment. Additionally, an authorization is completed at the start of processing to ensure that you will have enough to cover the full amount. Once the merchant completes processing the order, you should see the payment update and the authorization completed. After 30 days, if the authorization is still present and pending, it will fall of the account naturally. It shouldn't cause any issues for you, but it may look like you were charged twice. However, one is the actual charge that will be debited from your account, and the other is most likely just that authorization. If you feel you were charged twice for the same order, please get with the merchant directly to cancel the second payment. If they have trouble, or if you cannot contact them, [please get with PayPal Customer Service. This can be done by clicking on "Contact" at the bottom of the PayPal website. Next, you'll scroll down to review your available support options.  

I hope this helps ease your worries!

Thanks for your time,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Schae

Hello @Patrick848,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I see that you have some concerns regarding two payments for the same transaction using Pay in 3. I know what you be alarming to find and I'm sorry if things don't appear correctly on your end! A down payment is needed to get the Pay in 3 program going, which is counted as your first payment. Additionally, an authorization is completed at the start of processing to ensure that you will have enough to cover the full amount. Once the merchant completes processing the order, you should see the payment update and the authorization completed. After 30 days, if the authorization is still present and pending, it will fall of the account naturally. It shouldn't cause any issues for you, but it may look like you were charged twice. However, one is the actual charge that will be debited from your account, and the other is most likely just that authorization. If you feel you were charged twice for the same order, please get with the merchant directly to cancel the second payment. If they have trouble, or if you cannot contact them, [please get with PayPal Customer Service. This can be done by clicking on "Contact" at the bottom of the PayPal website. Next, you'll scroll down to review your available support options.  

I hope this helps ease your worries!

Thanks for your time,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.