Pay in 3 - order failed but have I still been charged?

IzzG
Contributor
Contributor
I recently tried to make a Payment with Pay in 3 - I set everything up on the Payment page and then when I returned to the merchant to complete my order it said there was an error and the order didn't go through. I did everything again and this time it worked - I got my emails from the merchant and PayPal to confirm everything had gone through. But when I've gone onto my PayPal activity it's showing 2 pending transactions for the first installment. I didn't received any emails to say it had been set up successfully the first time I tried but did for the second and there is only one "full" Payment showing to the merchant. Will this other transaction cancel after a while or will PayPal still take my money? And I hope it doesn't start charging me twice every month for the remainder of the payments?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Izzyg,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize the urgency of having a processing payment issue resolved. I know this can be very frustrating. Typically, if a payment is to complete, you would've received an email confirmation for the payment. Authorizations that have been initiated but did not complete tend to fall off after 5-10 business days. 

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

IzzG
Contributor
Contributor
Update - the second attempt has now been processed and payment taken. The first attempt is still pending on both PayPal and my bank account. Fingers crossed it cancels after a few days.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Izzyg,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize the urgency of having a processing payment issue resolved. I know this can be very frustrating. Typically, if a payment is to complete, you would've received an email confirmation for the payment. Authorizations that have been initiated but did not complete tend to fall off after 5-10 business days. 

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.