Pay after delivery

Heidibanham1
Contributor
Contributor
My pay after delivery option is no longer available. I have checked it on a few purchases and it’s not giving me the option on any of them. I have never missed a payment or done anything to warrant this. Anyone else noticed this ? Only happened in the last few days. It was really handy too ! Is it PayPal trying to stop people getting into debt and not being able to pay ?
Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

BlueStreak
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't had the option for Pay After Delivery for the past 4-6 months. Prior to that, I'd quite often have the option to use it, and took advantage of it only a few times. It didn't matter how much the item was I buying, from £10 to £100... the option was there to use.

It's still Enabled in my PayPal settings, and if it's still an option on PayPal then it must still be active, and that PayPal hasn't cancelled it completely. I also sometimes got the PAD option on sites outside of eBay, but I haven't had the PAD option on those sites either.

I know PayPal and eBay are now separate, but it shouldn't affect PAYMENT methods or other websites, like it currently has. PAD was very useful to me, but it's slightly crippled my ability to buy items I need. PayPal Credit kinda helps, as long as the item's not too expensive.

Wish I had the PAD option just a couple of times, would have helped me out a lot. 

Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
I am going to tell you this: there IS a setting within the Paypal account viewable to Paypal support employees *who know it exists and where to look for it* that will become 'shut off' due to a system glitch, that enables and disables PAD. I have personally had it reset for me when it occurred in the past, last time I think it was 2017 or 2018. I don't know what it is called but I can promise it is there - and the yarn being spun by PP CSRs about merchants 'accepting it' is twaddle. Pay After Delivery began with the ORIGINAL MERCHANT ebay, which OWNED Paypal, and so if Paypal offered you PAD then the 'merchant' accepted it (ebay). Paypal payments are entirely and completely between us (buyer) and Paypal and the merchant sees and knows NOTHING about your form of payment, which is the complete and entire purpose of Paypal - to keep your financial information secure and NEVER transmitted to a merchant. Tgiz may be basic knowledge to some but not to others - ALL THE MERCHANT SEES VIA PAYPAL IS MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT, not who or where it came from through Paypal. So when Paypal offers PAD to a customer (you) the merchant does not know that is how you are paying, and as some have mentioned, Paypal is merely offering a two or three week interest-free loan to us (3 wks in Canada for me). I think my latest PAD option got 'shut off' when I removed credit cards from my account and went to a prepaid CC and bank account. I personally believe Paypal doesn't like the risk of not having an actual CC as a backup source in case my bank account had NSF. However today I added a majorCC again, and am hoping that will trigger PAD to work again (yes, PAD shows as ACTIVE in my account, and my bank chequing account remains my preferred form of payment, unchanged with Paypal since I joined ebay in 2001). Another thought occurs too - I unlinked my ebay account from Paypal. Not sure if that relates at all, but may relink. If not, I'll call Paypal support and hope for a CSR that isn't younger than my Paypal account!!
Login to Me Too

Mikepaul12
I want import what is the things I can improt pay after delivery I'm interested in any export and import
Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
My PAD has become available again in the last month or so, it was offered at random for a donation I made to a cat charity in the Ukraine, and for buying N99 face masks from a non-ebay company in Canada (so it is not linked to merchants as some folks believe, a cat charity in a war-torn nation isn't going to give credit 🙂 ). Nice to see it back again. It also sppears I will have to reenable two-point verification in Paypsl, yoday it fidn't send me a texted code, just logged me in, and THAT is concerning!
Login to Me Too

chris301up
Contributor
Contributor

I've simply stopped using PayPal if possible. No good to me anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.