Pay after delivery

Heidibanham1
Contributor
Contributor
My pay after delivery option is no longer available. I have checked it on a few purchases and it’s not giving me the option on any of them. I have never missed a payment or done anything to warrant this. Anyone else noticed this ? Only happened in the last few days. It was really handy too ! Is it PayPal trying to stop people getting into debt and not being able to pay ?
Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GonkyDog 

You do know that when you phone paypal you get call centre staff who read from a script most of the time?

I have lost track of the 'wrong' information that has been given out to users over the years.

Only paypal CREDIT has to be offered by the sellers and not pay after delivery, it say in their own links that its between you and paypal and not offered by the seller. 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-is-pay-after-delivery-faq918

We pay the seller immediately, so they can send you the item straight away, but we wait for 14 days before we debit the money from your bank account.

but you may not be able to use it for all your purchases, including intangible goods and cross-border purchases.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GonkyDog
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much!!  I'll send that response to them now 😁 😉

Login to Me Too

Mandatorysignup
Contributor
Contributor

This is true, that there is a limit on the transaction totals. I tried placing an order for $160 and it was declined, I broke the order up and the order for <$100 was approved.

Login to Me Too

Laura267
Contributor
Contributor

It keeps happening to me too even on e bay purchases.Very weird one day there will be no pay after deliveryoption  available but another day/time using  exactly the same sellar or website it will be available!its gettibg a lot more frequent now  that i do not haave pay after deluverycome up! Very strange!

Login to Me Too

Scottuk600
Contributor
Contributor

PAD option wasn't available on my Paypal settings page this week. Turned back up yesterday but PAD option isn't available on Ebay or other on-line retailers at all for any value purchase. Tried £1.97, then £9.99, then £22.99 and £42.99 on Ebay and retailer's sites but nothing works. As has been said before, Paypal will lose out as I am now looking at other payment options and if Ebay also loses out they can blame Paypal.

Login to Me Too

chris301up
Contributor
Contributor

I've given up buying anything that is no longer PAD on EBay. I trawl through items I need and, if PAD option isn't available, I just don't purchase. 

I have to say PAD option re-appeared for a short time about a month ago, but this week disappeared again. Whats going on? Either we can use it or we can't. It's been a very useful method of purchase for me for quite some time but, if it no longer available, I'll just shop elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

GonkyDog
Contributor
Contributor
It’s up the wall! On Friday I ordered some pooch and mutt salmon oil, think it was £11 and the PAD option was available, so I increased to 2 bottles and then the option disappeared. So I thought I’d try something...... I bought one on PAD, then went to buy a second and it wouldn’t let me use the same option, I had to pay for it.
Login to Me Too

pete_sob

Yes same happened to me, PAD popped up on a tube of paint so I went back and added 4 more but the option at checkout had gone. I tried amending my order to the original 1 tube but pay after delivery was no longer offered. It seems a very arbitrary one shot thing. I have only seen the PAD option twice in the last 6 months- well since about April and only in the last few weeks.

Login to Me Too

pete_sob

It's even more  flaky than that... last night I went to order a tube of watercolour paint and I noticed PAD was offered so I quickly went back and added 4 more to my basket, but on checkout the PAD option was gone. Just to see if it was a value or numbers issue, I reset my order to the initial 1 tube but no dice... the option was gone. I did get PAD on one purchase about 3 weeks ago which was also a low value purchase but that was the first I had come across since about April. 

Login to Me Too

Scottuk600
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like the option has gone completely. Ahh well, there are new options available rather than just Paypal now. Ebay and Paypal's loss.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.