Pay after delivery

Heidibanham1
Contributor
Contributor
My pay after delivery option is no longer available. I have checked it on a few purchases and it’s not giving me the option on any of them. I have never missed a payment or done anything to warrant this. Anyone else noticed this ? Only happened in the last few days. It was really handy too ! Is it PayPal trying to stop people getting into debt and not being able to pay ?
Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

Cruze21
Contributor
Contributor

Can’t seem to find a phone number now but I got this from google for you, as long as you don’t close the message window they do get round to answering you x

55BE178D-21EF-4BCE-96F2-0F6964FAD169.jpeg

Login to Me Too

ritchmo
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Cruze21, So are you saying I have to keep that internet page open on my phone for potentially hours until they reply, so I can’t go to anything else on my phone until they answer? My phone auto locks after a while unless I keep tapping it, so are you saying they won’t reply if my screen auto locks? It now says it 8 times ‘An agent will respond to your message within 1 hour’, every time I go into the page, it adds another line saying the same thing.... How do I add an image into my reply on here please? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Cruze21
Contributor
Contributor

Use the camera icon above the box you type in to add an image, it said an hr for them to answer me but it wasn’t that long, I don’t know if you can let your phone lock or not sorry, I spoke to them from my iPad ....I had other windows open and just kept popping back x

Login to Me Too

ritchmo
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a lot for your help, appreciated. Unfortunately I don’t seem to have that camera icon above the message box. I keep trying that phone number but it cuts off after about 5 seconds of ringing. 😔
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ritchmo 

NEVER use google to get a paypal number, that is how LOTS of folks have been scammed, because fake paypal numbers are posted and show up in google.

Thats why you are not allowed to post paypal numbers or any tel numbers in this forum because scammers have been known to post fake numbers in this forum as well, lost count of the times i have had to get them removed.

The ONLY way to get the correct number for your country is by using the help / contact option bottom of paypal pages.

BUT they are rarely available at the moment due to covid. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mothersuperior
New Community Member
Hi this happened to me also from the beginning of covid 19/lockdown I contacted PayPal and they assured me option was still available on my account and nothing to do with anything I had done/not done. The PayPal operative and myself both thought it is due to coronavirus and retailers removing this option as shipping/availability and a whole host of other issues may arise. I have now seen eBay has reinstated pay after delivery a couple of weeks ago (mid-May) but still some such as Zara who I’d always use this option still do not have it operational
Login to Me Too

Scottuk600
Contributor
Contributor

PAD is working for some transactions but not all. Tried to place an order yesterday for two items totalling £100 but PAD option wasn't there. Split the order and tried the  £30 item..........PAD worked. Tried again for the £70 item, option wasn't there. It is also working for some Ebay sellers but not all. Two £23 orders went through but a £72 order didn't. Looks like a cap on how much you can spend with each transaction.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

GonkyDog
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot use this at all - tried on so many transactions and the option isnt there - the agreement is apparently with paypal and you I'm told, not the seller..... I've raised this with Paypal and get this....

I can assure you that the Pay After Delivery is still available for use there are just some transaction and sellers that doesn't accept the Pay After Delivery. Once the transaction is available for use on Pay After Delivery you'll be able to see it on the check out page.

UNQUOTE

Funny how its not working for any transaction for me....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GonkyDog 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GonkyDog
Contributor
Contributor

Thats what I thought and I have had this argument with Paypal - but they just keep replying with the same message (below)  🙄

I can assure you that the Pay After Delivery is still available for use there are just some transaction and sellers that doesn't accept the Pay After Delivery. Once the transaction is available for use on Pay After Delivery you'll be able to see it on the check out page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.