Pay In 4 Application Rejected Due to Lack Of Credit History (I don't know what to do)

brickbc
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to use Pay In 4 with zero credit history? I tried, and my application was rejected. They can't pull past credit history (I don't have any since I'm 18). What can I do to be able to use installments? Please help, Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brickbc 

It takes time to build a credit history. It’s not instant or overnight. Sign up for a secured credit card to start building your credit history. Many major banks offer secured credit cards for those starting out. You basically pay a deposit of $200 to $500 max depending on what the banks offer which would be your credit limit on the credit card. Then the card operates like a credit card—you spend and pay it every month and maintain a history of responsible spending and timely repayments. After a certain amount of time as agreed to, the deposit is refunded and your account graduated to an unsecured credit card as you will have demonstrated responsible use.

Do a web search for “secured credit card to build credit”.

In the meantime, ask a parent to purchase for you on their Pay in 4 application with you paying them back.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.