Pairing the card reader (UK)

PayPal_Siobhán

Pairing the card reader

To pair your PayPal Here card reader with your mobile device, follow these steps:

1. Go to your mobile device Settings and turn on Bluetooth. You’ll see a list of available Bluetooth devices.
  2. Turn on the card reader. A green light will blink followed by the Bluetooth light. This process may take a few seconds. If the card reader is on, but all the lights are off, press any key to wake it up.
  3. Select the card reader from the list of available Bluetooth devices. Your card reader will be titled ‘PayPal + the last 3 digits of the serial number on the top of your card reader’. From now on, your card reader will auto-connect to the app whenever you turn it on.

Bluetooth not picking up card reader?

1. Hold down the SYNC button until the Bluetooth light is blinking quickly
  2. Make sure the reader is charged by connecting the USB cable
  3. Make sure that no other phone(s)/tablet(s) are already connected to your PayPal Here reader. If so, forget the PayPal Here reader from the Bluetooth settings on the device that you were previously connected to and then retry syncing to the new device. 
  4. If still not connecting, try resetting your PayPal Here reader. Here is how to reset the reader https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Chip-and-Pin-Card-Reader/Card-Reader-Factory-Reset/m-p/854215#U8...
  5. After the factory reset, if your PayPal Here reader still does not connect (i.e if there is a flashing red and green triangle or the Bluetooth light does not flash) please call our customer service team who will be able to help.

Go to https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/how-to-use-p​aypal-here#welcome for more information

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

WykenSeagrave
Contributor
Contributor

The link you have to get help does not work. Your link is to 

http://www.paypal.co.uk/here/howto]

but in fact it should be to 

http://www.paypal.co.uk/here/howto

Regards,

Wyken Seagrave

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi WykenSeagrave,

Appreciate the feedback- the link has been updated 🙂 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

RNLDN
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I am struggling to pair my card reader (v1) to my iPad.

I followed your instruction and tried to do "Factory reset" by inserting a pin into the opening next to the power button, but it did not work...

Green triangle lights flashes around 15 times, and Red and Green lights flash alternately.

It would be helpful if you can tell me what I should try.

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi RNLDN, 

Apologies for the delay here. Can I ask if this has since been resolved?

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

ana-moly
Contributor
Contributor

I have had issues with this card reader they have sent me 3 and all havent worked now they refuse to help me becuase it is out of warrenty - this car reader has only ever worked once for me. 

Login to Me Too

Amaduzzi
New Community Member

Awful product, terrible costumer service, called the number you suggested 5 times, stupid automatic voice ask me all the questions and after verifying me, says "I will now connect to an operator" and hang up.

the device is never visible to Bluetooth, tried with 4 different device, trying several factory reset... Nothing, not visible.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Amaduzzi,

Sorry to hear you have had this experience. Have you tried all of the steps in my article above? 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

ana-moly
Contributor
Contributor

I agree I have had 3 and all haven't worked, except one time I was able to make one transaction, the version 1 is a terrible product and does not pair with the new iphone software. After sending me 3 devices that don't work they now say they will not help me because I am out of warranty, when the product didn't even work in warranty. Also wont allow me to have a version 2 without paying another £70.

Disgraceful.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi ana-moly, 

Sorry to hear you have had this experience. I will ask that a member of the PayPal Here team reach out to you on this issue to discuss the details. Please bare in mind it will be tomorrow and by phone.

Thanks,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.