Paid my Mastercard PayPal balance in full. PayPal says it will not post to card for 21 days?

pixacor
New Community Member

So I have a PayPal Mastercard.  It is smaller with a $900 limit.  During Christmas I used the card and spent $800 on it.  In January I paid the balance in full of $850.  As of today my balance shows $0 as it should, but my available balance is still $7.  

So I called in to ask when the available balance will update since the balance is zero.  The woman told me it would be available on February 18th.  This is 21 days after the initial payment.  I asked why and she said it was normal process.  I have several credit cards.  NO it is not a normal process.  

My bank already shows the money long gone, and PayPal properly shows it as "completed".  But on the back end it is not showing.

Anyone else have this?  Is it because I paid the entire thing off?  I don't need the card to use right now, but I am more concerned that it could report something wrong to my credit.

Why is PayPal so annoying with this stuff?  Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LaLaM972
New Community Member

I am wondering the same thing as well. I got the card for the cashback purpose. As soon as I make the charge I am paying it off the next day. However, my available balance is not reflecting this. Looks like this card will be getting closed real soon. IMO they are being rather shady. They offer a cashback card but apparently do not really want people to rack up the cash back part of the benefits. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.