Outgoing payments from Bank Account to Paypal do not match Pay In 3 amounts

Nick3db
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In the past week I have made to orders to different companies and used the Pay In 3 function for both:

- 1st Order made on 27th August: £206.99 total = 3 x £69

- 2nd Order made on 1st September: £69.00 total = 3 x £23

The first order has been processed and I have received the item from the seller. The 2nd order is still pending with the seller. Both PI3 transactions are visible in my Paypal Account.

Today I checked my bank and I have 4 PayPal transactions which have all been taken from my account:

- Weds 31st August: £18.82

- Thursday 1st September: £13.49, £40.00, £69.00

Can someone advise me on this? Presumably the £69.00 from the 1st September is a hold for the 2nd Order which totaled £69.00, and once the Seller confirms it will release £46.00 back to my account?

The remaining amounts total £72.31, but were taken out on different days and equate to more than the £69.00 Pay In 3 amount from the first order. Why is this? The PI3 is live and has been approved, so I don't understand why it wouldn't have gone through in or around the 27th August when the order was initially made and confirmed. Does it wait for the order to be dispatched and delivered? Is the discrepancy to do with fees? Why would the PI3 payments for two orders be spread over 4 transactions on different days?

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Nick3db,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I do understand your concern with this. 

When you attempt to make a payment, the amount can be temporarily charged to your bank/card. This is an authorization charge.

If the other charges do not show in your PayPal Activity page, it would mean they are just temporary. The merchant will only complete one order per transaction. Therefore, the other temporary charges will be removed from your bank within 72 hours. This is normal practice for online payments, so no need to be worried if this happens again.

Please click here for further details. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.