Offer wasn’t used for my transaction and used my bank account instead

rewindd
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. So its a bit complicated so I’ll try my best to explain (sorry for my bad english). So basically, i withdrew money from my bank account a few days ago to put it in my paypal balance. So my bank account balance is at 0$. The thing is bank transfers take days where I live. I also receive an "offer" by paypal (since i got scammed, paypal refunded me but with an offer) that is supposed to cover my transactions. So I buy something online, had some money left on my balance and decide to charge the rest to the offer. Well thats what I thought, basically when you use an offer it doesnt ask you when you want to use it, it uses it for you automatically. So on the buying screen it says it will charge the rest of the money to my bank account. But i thought it was gonna use the offer but no. So what will happen? The purchase was made but my bank balance haven’t changed and my offer wasn’t used. I know it’s a bit weird it’s just so hard to explain. To simplify, Paypal charged my paypal balance and my bank instead of my offer balance but i had no money on my bank account at the beginning. (i had 50 on my paypal balance and the offer was 65$, the thing I bought is 90$) What will happen? As i said my bank balance is still the same (0$, no upcoming or negative transactions). How could I pay something 90$ if I had 40$?? And also why didn’t it used my offer as a second payment.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dsheldon4
Contributor
Contributor

You can't trust paypal offers.I tried to use a $5 off $10 Target offer to make a purchase at Target.After submitting the order Target came up with the message that it could not complete the transaction so I tried it again and this time it went through.I checked my paypal account and it shows the first transaction used my $5 offer but did not go through on Targets website but paypal used my money and the offer.Paypal also shows the 2nd transaction that did go through and I was charged full price because Paypal used my $5 offer on a transaction that never went through.I heard many others having this same problem,I think Paypal is scamming us with these offers. I will never trust paypal with any offer again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.