October 5 dollar Paypal App offer only gives Not Now or Remind Me Later, no option to activate offer

Otunes
Contributor
Contributor

When I login to Paypal, an offer is presented, starting October 18 2021 and running till the end of 2021,  that if I download and successfully sign into the Paypal App, it'll give me $5.   

However, there is nothing on the page allowing me to activate the offer, it only gives the option of "Not Now" on one verson of the page, or "Remind Me Later" on the other, and has no option to activate offer.

Without activating the offer first, I know it won't give me the $5, so how do I activate the offer first?  Nothing on either version of the page explains that.  

I've tried this from Chrome and from Firefox, on both my Windows10 computer and on a newer Samsung Android phone, with the same results. 

I copied the text off of one of the pages below, and linked to it:

https://www.paypal.com/cgp/app-download?intent=download&src=ec_cashback5

The new PayPal app is here! Get a text to try it and we can give you $5*

*Terms and conditions

Offer Period: Starts at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 18, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2021. (“Offer Period”).

Eligible Participant: Open only to residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who: (1) have a U.S. personal or business PayPal account (“Valid Account”); (2) are eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (3) receive an authorized invitation to participate in the offer from PayPal (“Invitation”) (eligibility for and those who receive the Invitation will be determined by PayPal, in its sole discretion) (“Eligible Participant”).

Reward: Once the steps described below are completed and verified, Eligible Participants will earn the $5 USD cash (“Reward”). Reward will be added to the Eligible Participant’s Valid Account within approximately one week after verification of Eligible Transaction (defined below). There is a limit of one (1) Reward per Valid Account. You need to have a PayPal Balance, or business PayPal account to have a balance. If you do not have or open one of those accounts, you can only transfer your Reward to your bank account or debit card linked to PayPal.

How to Qualify: To earn the Reward, Eligible Participants must complete the following steps: (1) activate the offer as described in the Invitation to participate, and (2) download the PayPal app and successfully log in.

Miscellaneous: A Valid Account must remain in good standing from the time of participation through Reward fulfilment, as determined in PayPal’s sole discretion. PayPal may provide an alternate reward of equal value if it is unable for any reason to fulfill the Reward. PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify this offer in part or in its entirety at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. Similar offers may run at the same time; qualification for this offer does not constitute qualification for any other offer. PayPal is not responsible and/or liable if any e-mail, Reward, or offer-related materials or correspondence are lost, fraudulent, abusive, stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, interrupted, delayed, altered, defective, misdirected, tampered with, or irregular in any way or if any participant’s e-mail address, Valid Account, or other contact information does not work, is deleted, or is changed without participant giving prior written notice to PayPal. PayPal reserves the right to review any account or transaction related to this offer, in its sole discretion, without notice, and delay or reverse completion of the Reward. Offer is void where prohibited or if Eligible Participant’s account or transaction are fraudulent, abusive, not completed through legitimate channels, or irregular in any way.  Offer is not transferable. Participation in offer is subject to PayPal User Agreement. Any questions relating to the offer will be resolved in PayPal’s sole discretion and its decisions related to the offer will be final and binding.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Otunes
Contributor
Contributor

Wierd:  after posting this I got an email from Paypal that said

"Good news! Your latest payment qualified for an entry to our giveaway "

When I click the link in the email to "track my entries", it takes me to the login page, and after I successfully login, then it redirects me right to that same page I linked and quoted above, and not to anything that tracks anything, much less entries in some giveaway.

I verified with the source of the email that it is indeed from Paypal, so it's not some scam email. 

Note that the other link in the email, for "Learn more about the giveaway" does take me to a page about the giveaway, but that page doesnt' have any link to tracking the entries, either.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.