No option to turn off promotional emails

AxiomWP
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting constant promotional emails from Paypal suddenly, despite never opting into anything like that.

The emails say I can unsubscribe to promotional emails by going to my notifications settings, yet there's absolutely NO option to do such a thing inside the settings. Am I missing something, or has Paypal really just tried to sub me to promos with no option to unsubscribe? If so, that's completely scummy beyond belief.

Here's a picture of the notifications settings. Please direct me to where it says I can unsub to these crappy promos, because I sure ain't seeing it.

email options.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Temp20220815h
New Community Member

Yep, it's misleading in the email. But if you go to the "Data and Privacy" tab, there's an option for "Paypal Shopping" - disable that.  I'm assuming it's on by default for everyone.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

Temp20220815h
New Community Member

Yep, it's misleading in the email. But if you go to the "Data and Privacy" tab, there's an option for "Paypal Shopping" - disable that.  I'm assuming it's on by default for everyone.

Login to Me Too

AxiomWP
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I turned that off. Here's hoping that fixes the issue.

I've got no idea why it started in the first place, considering I've had an account for years and not once received promotional BS until just then.

It's scummy as hell to hide the option to turn it off like that, though I guess they at least still have an option to do so somewhere.

Thanks. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Login to Me Too

Artthom1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the exact same situation. After years, all of a sudden crap I don't want.

What a deceptive and annoying place to hide that feature. Thanks  @Temp20220815h , assuming it works!

Login to Me Too

strongline
New Community Member

Thank you!

How pathetic eBay has become! I'd thought as big as eBay, it doesn't resort to such low tactics to spam its users. The unsubscribe link embedded in email is just their home page. There is nowhere it says how this should be unsubscribed. It's a sign that this company is going downwards.

Login to Me Too

Ilovejewelry
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see the PayPal shopping option on the privacy and data to disable. The only thing I see is If I want to delete my data then they have to close my account?

Login to Me Too

Gamma_Ray
New Community Member

Thanks! I started getting the se annoying emails from Paypal out of the blue, several per day. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.