Multiple payments pending for same order

SylCass
New Community Member
I tried to make a purchase online using my paypal credit account, however i didnt realize i was late on my payment.The payment woukdnt process so i thought it was because of the internet service sobi kept trying to process the payment to the merchant by paypal. When i realized the payment was overdue i mafe the payment but the payment i was trying to make to the merchant showed up in the activuty with paymrnt pending 5 times. There is not any place that i can just cancel thevtransaction. What can i do? Thanks for any input .
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @SylCass,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the pending payments on the account. Based on the information you have provided, it seems like payment is processed as authorization. Authorization is an agreement between you and a merchant to purchase an item for a specific amount of money. A merchant can capture your payment at a later date. Some merchants will accept partial payments until you’ve paid the full amount. A capture is successful after it moves money from your PayPal account to the merchant’s PayPal account. After the merchant receives your authorized payment, your payment status is ‘Completed.’

In this case, if the person you sent money to doesn't claim the money within 30 days, the full amount will be returned to your PayPal account or the original payment method, and all holds are released. It can take up to 4 days for the money to appear in the merchant’s PayPal account. We’ll send you an email after the merchant is paid. You’ll need to contact the merchant to cancel an authorization. If the merchant is refusing to cancel the authorization or refund the money, then you can wait till the payment gets completed and then we encourage you to report it to our Resolution Center as soon as possible.  

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.