Money taken twice

Finley1
Contributor
Contributor
Pay in 3 transaction is showing on my online bank account that the full amount of transaction taken plus first payment both show pending I have therefore cancelled my order as the amount totals £200 deducted from my account. Can anyone explain this. I have used PayPal 3 many times in the past is this something new xx
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Narendar1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Finley1 

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums! I understand your concern regarding pay in 3 payment. When making a purchase with Pay in 3, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your specified card for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one third of your total purchase amount. This will show as a pending authorization within your PayPal Account Activity and also at your financial institution. Once you complete your purchase with Pay in 3 and the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorization will be removed and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your specified debit or credit card. If you do not complete your Pay in 3 transaction, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorization hold. In future, if you come across such scenario I suggest you to wait for 72 hours. If still the transaction isn't voided and the money still doesn't reflect you can reach to us.

Narendar1

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.