Mis-Applied payments

Oldbayrunner
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I send a payment in addition to a minimum payment to pay off a special interest 6 month payment Syncrony bank doesn't apply it and pay off the account. I have to call several times to finally get my payment applied correctly. Anyone else have this problem?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DJ_BABYGIRAFFE
Contributor
Contributor
So I'm having the same issue. Brought an item then another one on 6 months another on 3 months. I've been making payments and yet they are being allocated here there and everyone so still now I have not cleared my 3 month purchase and km just I sure as to why Why don't they allow you to select which credit purchase you want to allocate.the.money too?
Login to Me Too

HappyCat123
Contributor
Contributor

I've had long conversations 2x by phone, with support promising to apply my extra money to the shorter special interest credit (6 mos.) rather than the longer one (24 mos). At this point, NO money at all is being applied to the shorter one. So I'm going to have to pay off them both by August in order to avoid interest payments on the shorter one. I'm over the top. The longer one was supposed to be finished in 2022, the shorter one by Aug. 2021. It should have been nearly paid off by now as I sent extra money the past couple of months. The extra was applied to the longer special interest payment.

Both support personnel fully understand what I'm saying. Yes, they mirrored back the problem I explained to them, so I know they understood. However, no money at all is being applied to the shorter special interest purchase. I'm frustrated beyond all belief with this.

Login to Me Too

Oldbayrunner
Contributor
Contributor
I have been ever since this keeps happening over and over. Why offer 0 interest timed special financing if they are not going to let people pay off early. When I call I get this crap about the minimum payment has to be made 1st but when I show I paid enough to cover the minimum plus the funds to pay off the special financing I get lied to and told it will come off in one or two billing cycles then it doesn't. Once again I am force to pay twice because if I don't on this billing I will get charged interest and continue to be charged interest. It didn't used to be this way with PayPal until Synchrony Bank took over the financing. All I can say if a class action suit starts I'll jump on that one.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.