Long time no see. Here's a $10 reward for you!

GoodDuck
New Community Member

Received an email from PayPal that claims

Long time no see. Here's a $10 reward for you!

Real or scam?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Brassraptor
Contributor
Contributor

I had this email twice this week.

Firstly, it did not address me by the name I am known to PayPal

Secondly, it was sent to the wrong email address, which is not associated with my PayPal account

Two very strong warning signals

I assumed it to be scam and forwarded it to spoof@paypal.com and the second one to spoof@paypal.co.uk 

I received automatic standard reply saying they will investigate.

I changed my PayPal password and have not (yet?) detected any suspicious activity on my account.

Login to Me Too

Willy36
Contributor
Contributor

I checked the email it was sent from and it's legit

Login to Me Too

Mackeybabe88
Contributor
Contributor
I clicked the link and it said I was getting the money. And I was on the phone with an agent at the same time, and she even said something about it being in my account, but my account is still the same. And now when I click the link it says I'm not eligible or I've already been awarded the money. No agent with message back and I cant figure out what to do?
Login to Me Too

Willy36
Contributor
Contributor
To be honest I don’t know anymore. The link they sent led me to the actually PayPal site. But I contacted PayPal and they said it may have been a fraudulent email so I changed my password just to be safe.
Login to Me Too

Jojobinks
Contributor
Contributor
There's no way you were on the phone with an agent who verified that the $10 was in your account right after you clicked the link in the email to claim your reward, cause the email specifically states you will receive it in 72 hours, sometimes a little earlier and the website says the same thing afted clicking the link. Mine took exactly 72 hours, anyways, I'm thinking you skipped over that part and now you're confused why you haven't received it yet and made up the phone call with the agent part to add credibility to your claim lol. You didn't include how long it'd been since you accepted the reward, but I'm guessing you posted this before you were actually supposed to receive it cause you assumed it'd be an instant credit to your account. Did you ever receive it??
Login to Me Too

Glenn012

franchut3
Contributor
Contributor
Gracias 🤣
Login to Me Too

JoshyG
Contributor
Contributor
I never received an email how come?
Login to Me Too

franchut3
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.