Loan not eligible in my area??

sdejager
Contributor
Contributor

Paid off five (5) Paypal Working Capital loans without a problem. Some were even paid off early. Now, Paypal says it is not available in my state of South Dakota. Calling them provides no answers... nobody knows why? I am so frustrated!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sdejager 

Yep, it’s not available in your state:

“Am I eligible to apply for PayPal Working Capital?*

*PayPal Working Capital is currently unavailable to merchants located in North Dakota, South Dakota, Virginia. State eligibility is subject to change. Please continue to check back to see if businesses located in your state become eligible for PayPal Working Capital.”

https://www.paypal.com/workingcapital/faq

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sdejager
Contributor
Contributor
But nobody can tell me WHY my state is suddenly a problem.
Login to Me Too

MinnesotaMAN
Contributor
Contributor
Were you ever able to find out why the change took place? I’ve gotten 16 loans so far with working capital and it was devastating to find out that North Dakota is now one of three states excluded.
Login to Me Too

sdejager
Contributor
Contributor
I have never found out why. I was counting on it for our slow season. Very disappointing and frustrating.
Login to Me Too

sdejager
Contributor
Contributor
This is absolutely ridiculous that not one person that works for PayPal can answer a simple question??? WHY is PayPal working capital no longer eligible in my area??? Somebody put it on the website see somebody must know the answer!
Login to Me Too

ANB5
Contributor
Contributor
It is VERY ridiculous. I've called them numerous times over the past year since they suddenly took it away with NO NOTICE, and of course, they claim to know absolutely nothing. The manager I talked to didn't even know PayPal had been added back to the list of approved invome-based lenders in VA. Like, how do you not know that and you specifically work for WORKING CAPITAL?! They look incredibly incompetent. This non-access has seriously damaged my business! PayPal needs to get it together.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.