It says the credit was not accepted, but PayPal still took the money

NotoriousMaka
New Community Member

Hello,

I wanted to order something from Boots. I`ve used the 3-time credit and I have used my PayPal account. It says the credit was not approved, but it still took money out of my bank account. It says on PayPal that it is pending and I do not have any proof of the order on Boots because the order did not go through. 

What should I do?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @NotoriousMaka

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction isn't going as expected. Normally, a transaction will remain pending as you've described until the merchant begins to process the order. What you may see currently on your bank is the authorization on funds pending as well. This will normally stay pending until the merchant fully captures the authorization as they begin to ship out your items. I would recommend reaching out to the merchant for further assistance. You can also reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.