Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

-TATLIFE-
Contributor
Contributor

The good news: I was contact via email that I won $25 (twice) for the PayPal Holiday Giveaway!! The bad news: I cannot find a way to access it and consequently I cannot spend it - it doesn’t show up as an option to use it when I’m making online purchases with PayPal. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Login to Me Too

Lapinig_15rolly
Contributor
Contributor
Unable to spend holiday giveaway
Login to Me Too

Szend
New Community Member
Did you ever solve the problem?
Login to Me Too

TeeBee79
Contributor
Contributor
I won $25 thrice, I was actually able to spend one by choosing PP with a merchant and it worked. It was listed as one of the payment methods as a promotion I believe. I had to return the item so the refund will be interesting. I opened a case for the other two but after asking for a receipt my case was denied. I'm pushing back on this.
Login to Me Too

kotsotu
Contributor
Contributor

I make a lot of purchases through PayPal, and since this giveaway started, I've gotten an email every single time I make a purchase about being entered into the giveaway, I should have dozens of entries. But, every time I click on the entry, it says something different. The number of entries is always different and wrong, and the "days left" keeps being extended. It's like neverending. Days ago, it said "1 day(s) left" but then the next day it said like 6 days left. So I don't understand it. It says you can't have more than 50 entries, and I'm sure I've exceeded that, yet the most it has showed was 16 entries for me. I wouldn't care about this if I didn't get the incessant emails. I don't expect to actually win. But, quit giving me false hope.

Login to Me Too

melahoo33
Contributor
Contributor

I was notified both on the PayPal app & Web Site that I had won the money (unknown amount), the 1st or 2nd week of the promotion.  When I clicked this notification on the PayPal app, there was an error and it would not load. So I do not know the amount I won, nor was I contacted by PayPal awarding me this money.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526EH
Contributor
Contributor
In my app in my wallet under rewardsit shows that I won $25 in the holiday prize drawing and it says it's spendable rewards and says that when I'm using PayPal to buy something online that the $25 will go towards my payment but it's not and I can't figure out how to use it. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230526EH 

Your credit will be added to the payment options when you next checkout using PayPal.

PayPal aim to transfer the prize within 5 days of winner confirmation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Puzzledtoo
New Community Member

I received an email on Nov. 28 that I won $25 in their contest that ended on Dec. 19. I can’t get the money to transfer to my wallet. I donated to a Charity and tried that to see if it would transfer then. No luck. The email has a link that only sends me to coupons. How do I spend or save my winnings when it’s on an email?

Login to Me Too

Houndrob

Been lucky enough (so I thought) to have won 2 lots of £25 in the xmas prize draw, however despite both being in my wallet under an offers tab and saying they will be used towards my next purchase, I can't seem to be able to spend it. I've made purchases since receiving the win and no money has come off and the "wins" are still sat in my wallet. Anyone had similar problems and know how to solve this? Would hate to lose out come the 31st
After the uplift of receiving the emails saying I'd won this is proving to be a bit of a downer!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.