Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

haedworm
Contributor
Contributor

So I just bought something from a store I haven't used before and in my order confirmation it says 'Your offer covered your entire purchase' and sure enough I haven't been charged anything.

I wasn't aware of any offers (though of course I am extremely happy) and looking through the archives here someone has previously asked the same question.

Does anyone have any idea why this happened?

Login to Me Too

eebo_x7
Contributor
Contributor

I sell items on ebay and noticed since yesterday have had same message and looks like I'm not being charged for postage labels I purchase on packlink 

Login to Me Too

eebo_x7
Contributor
Contributor

if you go to PayPal account under wallet and scroll down it should say offer. I got a £25 gift offer to spend for Christmas 

Login to Me Too

haedworm
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

I couldn't find an 'offers' section in the app, but on looking I did find it under the Rewards tab, and there's a bunch more ££'s in there too.
Made my day that has. 

Login to Me Too

eebo_x7
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like you won the weekly prize draw! See below. https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway
Login to Me Too

MikePrice58
Contributor
Contributor

Just checked as the same happened to me. I have been given £50.00! That is a nice surprise...

Login to Me Too

LL83
Contributor
Contributor

I’m trying to pay for something and it’s saying “PayPal offer £25” and this £25 is off my balance. What is this offer? I didn’t ask for it and it doesn’t look like I can remove it?

Login to Me Too

eebo_x7
Contributor
Contributor
Congrats you won £25 in the weekly prize draw! Enjoy! Expires 31st December 2021 https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway
Login to Me Too

DNS8
Contributor
Contributor

And how is this redeemable? It doesn't show up in my balance and wasn't deducted from my subsequent purchase. Is it only redeemable via the offers (which don't interest me - adidas, booking.com etc etc)?

Login to Me Too

gymy20
New Community Member

Hello. I've bought something from internet and paypal didn't charge my money! I have an offer that i didn't know about it! Can you tell me what offer is it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.