Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

SusieQ90
New Community Member
It’s like they do it on purpose. I just opted out too! After checking my entries lmao I’m so mad. So easy to opt out but can’t find a way back in.
Login to Me Too

ramsaylsb94
Contributor
Contributor

I won something in the Holiday Giveaway, but I can't see how much or claim it or anything. An error message pops up that says there's something wrong on Paypal's end. It's been doing this for days. How do I get around it and claim what I won?

Login to Me Too

GiddyD
New Community Member

I received a notice that I had won $25 of their Holiday Giveaway.  Then I was unable to use the funds I had won.  I wrote to them and they said "mistakes had been made" on their end.  They would look into it, and IF they had accidentally sent me a notice of winning, they would honor it.  This was a couple weeks ago.  Still waiting.  Not happy about it.  

Login to Me Too

GiddyD
New Community Member

I provided them screenshots of the email saying I had won.  Still nothing.

Login to Me Too

jnelle82
Contributor
Contributor

Help! I got an email to say I had won £25 in their christmas draw. After waiting weeks for it to be credited to my account I finally found it in my wallet. But how do I use it? Everywhere seems to say the same thing, it will automatically be applied at checkout, but nothing is ever there. I'm trying to purchase from disney store, and it just says that the 20% offer is applied of paypal20, if i checkout will it come from my bank or the reward? I am so confused!

Login to Me Too

Nancybg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I won $50 in the Holiday Giveaway, but it's not showing up in my Wallet.  How do I redeem it?

Login to Me Too

mrwashing29
Contributor
Contributor

My name "appears" to be on the Winner's List for the Holiday Giveaway. Of course the list does not show the full name. How can I find out for sure?

Login to Me Too

MOSIE234
Contributor
Contributor
How do you see the list? And how do you find and use the winnings???
Login to Me Too

SanchezII
New Community Member

Is paypal going on a campaign to register a new account and give away a $25 coupon?

Login to Me Too

robilyncastillo
Contributor
Contributor
Why didn't not receive my holiday give away
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.