Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

HJackson391
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so mine says "Congrats, you won part of our $20 Million giveaway!"  then below it says "see how much" when I click it, it pops up and says "Oops something seems to be wrong on our end!"

I dont want to miss claiming my win, Help please!

Login to Me Too

karcer18
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, got an email saying I won $25. It's not to be found anywhere. I even spent more on an order after customer service told me it would show up. A way of PayPal to increase financial flow through this payment method this holiday season, perhaps?

Will update if the $25 actually gets applied to my account or any purchase using paypal.

Login to Me Too

LH323
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email that I won $25 but it doesn't appear in my account.  I have used my account since I received the email but nothing.  There's no instructions as to how to use the winnings.

Login to Me Too

inOr
Contributor
Contributor

This is not the answer I would have expected.  I received an email (?) saying I have earned an entry for my spending for one week, yet I'm told I have to download this app thing to register.  Every time I click to download it, I'm sent back to the same page.  There doesn't seem to be any way to download it.  Do I misunderstand?  Do I need an app, or does the fact that I received an email notification mean that I'm already registered to participate? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hello @tim1amber1

I apologize for any confusion. You should have been presented with a screen thanking you for submitting your entries, after doing so. You will not receive an email or any other notification when submitting non-purchase entries.

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Classysassy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. So the “free entry link” only takes us back to the the “PayPal Holiday Giveaway Official Rules”. It doesn’t take us to a page where we could actually submit our free entry. The link is invalid and is a constant loop. If you could tell us what to do next or have someone on your team give us a valid link to submit our free entries that would be helpful. The giveaway states free entries so we should be able to enter freely. Thanks. Hope you are doing well and Happy Holidays. Also If it’s actually working for someone else here could you let me know how you did it? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the screen (as suggested by another user on here) and then had to get rid of the banner that was prompting to either accept or reject cookies. It was blocking the entry checkbox the whole time. 

Login to Me Too

Mcraun11

I also keep seeing download the app to see your qualified entries. I don't see that either?  Can someone point me in the right direction?  What page is it on?  

Login to Me Too

Ok18_
Contributor
Contributor
If you’re using a computer you may spot the “submit entry “ option. If not I suggest u click the “request desktop website” option on your browser and zoom out the page you’ll find it all the way in the bottom. Took me forever to find if too. But then I submitted and got a “thank you for submitting your enteries”.
Login to Me Too

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor
Ah, there was no "Thank you for submitting" screen, thus the reason for the confusion.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.