Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

Hel2010
New Community Member
Same happened to me on a couple of payments and I couldn't understand why but I have just received an email to say I won £25 in the Christmas prize draw so I assume it's that I have spent before I knew I had won! Happy days anyway!
Login to Me Too

karcer18
Contributor
Contributor

I saw that too, but it would be nice to know and have the option of how to spend it. A purchase I made Thanksgiving week was covered-- with no notice as to why-- but it was more like 21 and change, and there was no balance saved in my wallet. I wouldn't have spent it on that purchase had I know,. But I didn't receive notice of winning till the following week.

I also can't find in the transection record of that particular purchase of 21 where it says that prize was used to cover it. 

Login to Me Too

Mildred33
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an email saying I have won some money in the Christmas Draw, however I can’t get access to it. Has anyone won anything and used the money successfully?

Login to Me Too

BigCoolBob
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, we are the same. Got an email to say we had won £25 and it would be added to our balance but it hasn’t been and just bought something using PayPal and it wasn’t there.
Login to Me Too

yt8
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, same problem here. No money to be seen.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yt8 

@Mildred33 

@BigCoolBob 

I just went and read the terms and conditions and it says allow 5 days for the payment to be credited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pisky21
Contributor
Contributor
Yep and all spent
Login to Me Too

Beaniebaby630
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email telling me I had won £25 which would be deducted from my next PayPal purchase, but it wasn't and I had to pay the full price. I think this must be a scam, I'm so disappointed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beaniebaby630 

Did you wait the 5 days for the payment to be credited to your paypal account?

Did you select the £25 when you checked out to pay your seller as a funding source?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

karcer18
Contributor
Contributor

Where did it say that? I got no details, just a link to follow to my paypal account, which showed nothing in my wallet. I got the email about winning on 11/29 at 9:48 a.m. It's Sat and the amount has not shown up. I did have a purchase last week of $21 that was covered/not charged to any of my payment methods, but the date of that purchase was Nov 27th. It's possible I won the drawing at the start of that week and the notification system is actually delayed by a week (which means you would not have to wait 5 days, it goes into your account instantly). But when I look at that purchase, it doesn't indicate it was covered by prize money, or where the balance of about 3 bucks went. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.