Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

UltraTraveler
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email titled "You won $25 in our holiday giveaway. Seriously".  It seems to be associated with the Paypal $20 million giveaway.  It expires by 12/31/21. 

The link of "Spend That $25" is with domain <removed link>,  which links to Paypal Deals.

I checked my paypal account, I don't see any particular $25 coupon or offer.

Is this legit?  If so, where is that prize?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UltraTraveler 

That is valid email. “epl” stands for Epsilon, a service PayPal uses for sending emails. The mail dot PayPal dot com address is also one used to send out communications such as monthly PayPal account statements, upcoming user agreement updates and other emails to inform us about our accounts.

Winners are notified by email or contacted by PayPal Customer Support.

Prizes will be viewable in the “Wallet” section of your Valid Account. Use of the prize will be reflected on your PayPal receipt and/or in the transaction details of your Valid Account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mnaxo
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see it in wallet. Would it be included in the PayPal balance? Or separate?

Login to Me Too

UltraTraveler
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I did find such a message under Rewards in the app but not in desktop website.  I tired to open it on the app, but kept getting error.

I messaged customer service, but their response wasn't helpful at all.

"... let me clarify this.
Apologies as the email you received was a glitch on our system. Approximately, 160K customers received this incorrect email.
To appease you with the inconvenience, we have issued $25 voucher on your account and has been used already on the below transaction..."

It's such a lame excuse from Paypal for pretending to give customer satisfaction (here was $25 voucher to appease though you should not receive it).
I'm definitely not appeased.  That transaction the response referred to was a Best Buy targeted offer ($25 off $250+), which was before I received that winning (glitch?) email.  So far, I certainly have not received any $25 voucher (to spend on any purchase) from Paypal.  

The $20 million giveaway may have been a wishful thinking.  I'm disappointed in Paypal.
Login to Me Too

rob59scot
Contributor
Contributor

I got an e-mail several days ago saying that I had won £25 on the PayPal Christmas draw.

Is the prize supposed to be credited into my account?

I can't find any credit in my account.

I have purchased items with Paypal since the notification and can't see any evidence of it being deducted from my payment.

So have do I access the prize???

Login to Me Too

vioti
New Community Member

I have no answer except to say I've won £25 twice - the first time it was credited to my account somehow (but not showing in my balance) so that when I spent money the first £25 didn't count and paypal pinged me to say the money was paid from my rewards.  Second time though nothing happened and it never appeared - obvs a glitch

Login to Me Too

rob59scot
Contributor
Contributor
Now sorted. I won another £25 and it came off my next purchase. The first winnings did not come off the purchase directly after that but came off a few days later.
Login to Me Too

belfasthedley
Contributor
Contributor

Rob,

I have won £50 for the last two weeks but they have not been credited. How did you sort it?

Login to Me Too

rob59scot
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't do anything. It didn't show up initially for my first 25 but I noticed after several days it showed up against something I had purchased. With the second amount it showed up immediately after I had paid. I didn't get any notifications but it did take the 25 off of both payments
Login to Me Too

AaronW1
New Community Member

I won £25 in the Christmas Prize Draw, but it was immediately used solely to pay an automated £2.60 payment. This seems totally unfair. How can I pay the £2.60 in that transaction, and instead use the £25 on my *actual* next purchase? Seems like false advertising to claim that Paypal has given out £25 in credit (when it is clearly giving away less than 15% of that). I was honestly so happy when I saw that I had won the £25, as it could have helped with it being Christmas, and I now feel completely defrauded.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.