Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

karcer18
Contributor
Contributor
That could be what happened to me. On Nov 27th I made a purchase for my son for his fortnite game and wasn't charged (it was just under 25). On the night of Nov 30th or early Dec 1st, I got an email saying I had won 25. Tried to see wheee it was, but have been unsuccessful. There's no clear place that tracks and shows your prizes, and what they were spent on. Doesn't show it in that transaction summary that I can see. People should know if you spend under 25, you don't appear to get the balance. It was a nice surprise but very confusing to follow and there seems to be a delay in the notification. I don't think I would have used it that way had I known the prize was there. Still can't figure out how to see it, even after installing the PayPal app on my phone.
Login to Me Too

Angie924
Contributor
Contributor
I have also received email as winner of $25 cash rewards saying it can be used for purchases anywhere PayPal is accepted. It isn't in my wallet and I haven't been able to use it anywhere that accepts PayPal. I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle. I've got to deal with. Good luck!!
Login to Me Too

Elfkincatcher
Contributor
Contributor
I was confused until i read the full details. If you have a personal A/C it shows in your Wallet - if you have a Business/ Merchant A/C like me it comes off your qualifying payment. Basically buy something (I used eBay) and when you pay it comes off the total. I made 2 eBay purchases and one was free and the other had the residue of the prize taken off. Absolute result as I was also taking advantage of eBay’s 50 x Nectar points which amounted to 25% of the outlay so taking that into account my £77.98 purchase only cost me £8.50!!! It isn’t obvious the exact process but for business account holders it’s automatic … I wasn’t aware of it until I looked at my purchases today … so yes it’s definitely worth buying SOMETHING!!! If you’ve won something and bought anything using pay pal recently check your purchase summary to see if you’ve already spent it!
Login to Me Too

Hammod234

gdollar
New Community Member

I also got an email that I won $25 in the Holiday Giveaway but didn't get the money credited to my account.

Login to Me Too

Misia
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to click the link in the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Official Rules section, in order to enter without purchase.

The website link above is referenced as well as a Free Entry Hyper link, and they only open another tab to the exact same screen, the Holiday Giveaway Official Rules screen.

How do I enter without purchase and get a full 50 entries, as stated in the rules that it exists, just can't get to it?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

DarrenW1
Contributor
Contributor

How do I spend reward of £25???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DarrenW1 

Allow 5 days for it to show in your balance and then it should be offered when you checkout.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rifles87
Contributor
Contributor

Just received a email saying i won £25 in the Christmas draw. But its not in my account?

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526EG
Contributor
Contributor
Same here.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.