Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

Temp20220813bt
Contributor
Contributor

But I’ve been checking every time I get an email like that. There was never any entry to track. For those who have ever seen those entries, would you just tell me where you’ve seen them?  Better yet, show me a screenshot. 

Login to Me Too

JJB07
Contributor
Contributor

Hoping for info on the same. I’m on iOS devices, so maybe that’s part of the problem, but I’ve had no luck finding where to see entries on desktop, mobile or laptop. Mobile app is up to date.

Login to Me Too

jbtx79
Contributor
Contributor

this was not helpful 😭we cannot find where in the app it is. where is yours? can you show a screenshot of how to get to where the entries are? that's what we're trying to say. we can't find where the entries are listed. it is driving me absolutely bonkers, too. thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220813bt
Contributor
Contributor

I finally saw it.  Apparently, because the drawing takes place every Sunday at 11:59:59 PM ET, all existing entries must be wiped out after the drawing?  So you'll have to earn new entries again after Sunday.  At least that's the conclusion I came to.  Or maybe PayPal finally fixed the error.  Maybe we weren't really earning free entries all this time.  🙂

Here's where to find it.  In the app, where there's a blue box announcing this promo (We're giving away thousands of weekly prizes this holiday), if you click "Track my entries", you'll see it.

I had been seeing 0/50 entries all this time.  Then, after Sunday, every time I receive an email saying I got a free entry, I log in and I see that number going up.  I'm now at 4/50 entries.  So I must have been looking when the number of entries have been wiped out, back to zero (or they were never there to begin with, until many of us complained).  LOL

Login to Me Too

jbtx79
Contributor
Contributor
Hi!!! Ahh - I had one entry earlier today. So hopefully it will populate within 24-48ish hours? For the blue box promoting the giveaway - is there a particular part of the app you were in? For instance were you on the welcome back, finances, deals or wallet/rewards/activity page? Were you within the rewards or activity area? Idk if this is a me problem or what, but I really can’t find the blue announcement box ANYWHERE! TIA and I appreciate you 😭
Login to Me Too

JJB07
Contributor
Contributor

You're not alone, @jbtx79 , though I appreciate your trying to help, @Temp20220813bt ! I'm still having no luck, though I made a purchase Monday morning. Now, I can't even find the ad for the holiday giveaway when viewing the app. Ive visited every menu option and scrolled through every vertical and horizontal lineup to be found. 😓 Kind of regretting not paying directly with my cards all this season. At least that way I could be sure that I was earning some monetary rewards for my shopping, small as they might be. If anyone could share a screencap, like jbtx79 suggested, it would be incredibly helpful! Thanks everyone who's replied so far!

Login to Me Too

Lopeit

Im in the same boat, have gotten emails saying i have several entries and it tells me its easy to view your entries in the app which isn't true at all because when i go into the app i see nothing about the holiday giveaway and ive looked through the entire thing.  Can PayPal just give us a straight answer please on how we access that part of the app so we can follow our entries? 

Login to Me Too

Wynter
Contributor
Contributor

My purchase totals £34 and the offer is £25 with the rest (£9) charged to my debit card.

Is PayPal paying the £25, and if so, why? Seems too generous.

I'm puzzled.

Thanks!

-Chris

Login to Me Too

mjholiday
Contributor
Contributor

I received a (legit) email from PayPal saying that I won $25 in the holiday giveaway.  When I login, it even says that I have been a winner, but that link just takes me to the generic contest page.  From what support says and what others have said, I should see the $25 in my Wallet under "Credits," but I have no area for Credits under Wallet in either the desktop or mobile version.  When I go to make a purchase, there is no $25 credit to select.  Anyone else still having this issue?

Login to Me Too

mjholiday
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler

UPDATE: I tried to resolve this my messaging PayPal and then actually called their phone support, which was very helpful!  After putting me on hold for several minutes, the agent came back to tell me I had actually spent the credit three days earlier.  She was right.  It turns out they credited my account three days before sending the email to tell me I had won, so if you're not seeing your credit, look back a few days and make sure you already didn't spend it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.