Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

Wolfzero88
New Community Member

I won a prize recently from the paypal christmas prize draw. I'm unable to find any valid stores to use it for, can anyone advise on this?

Login to Me Too

Tmh2
Contributor
Contributor

Received several emails saying i qualify for entry for giveaway but cannot click or submit. Other information says “we are automatically entered” if using PayPal to pay. When I go to track entries, it says 0/50. I don’t get it!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Tmh2, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

For the Holiday Giveaway promotion there are 2 ways to enter. You can enter for free, and if you use this option you will not receive an email confirming the submission. If you enter the competition through completing a purchase on PayPal, you will receive an email notification confirming the submission. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

hilly9
New Community Member

Just wondering if anyone else has won a prize in the Xmas prize draw , i won £25 on the 19th November it has not appeared in my paypal wallet , i contacted customer services who told me that when i make a purchase using my paypal account the money would be deducted from the £25 prize money i had won , i have made a purchase today and the money has been taken from my bank account NOT the £25 prize fund 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hilly9 

Allow 5 days for it to show in your balance (I wouldn't count the weekend) and then it should show up at checkout when you can select it as a payment option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SophieW1979
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email on the 19th November saying I had won £25 on the xmas draw? I have looked everywhere and cant find the £25 anywhere. Can anyone help me to access it?

Login to Me Too

Harrymosquito
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue. I received an email from PayPal saying I'd won $25 but can not confirm it or find it anywhere associated with my account!
Login to Me Too

opto
Contributor
Contributor

RE:  Holiday Giveaway ......... So this is like a raffle and guarantees nothing. Is that right ? I'm a low income senior (rural) and live in a 900 sq ft home which is full of things I can no longer store in my old shed which was badly damaged by a storm (looks like a mess inside my home). Lots of snow got into the shed and damaged the floor which is unsafe to walk on (wood rot).  I'm trying to get a new, no frills 10x16 shed so I can clean our home up. I don't collect dead cars like some people. Just trying to make it look nice outside and safe inside.  Our home is very difficult to keep clean.

You would think a BILLION DOLLAR + company like PayPal would have better things to do than dangle fake carrots. Feel free to ask me what I have in my home. Thanks for reading this. ....... AR

Login to Me Too

mummy2four
New Community Member

Hi, can someone help please.  I have been told that i need to opt in to the prize draw to receive entries. However, every time i clock on the "opt in to prize draw", it takes me back to the original page about the prize draw details.  Any one know how i can opt in please or has this done it.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

ZENAKU
Contributor
Contributor

I just won a £25 Christmas gift that expires in the 31st of December. I have Zero clue on how to use or or how it works. Can anyone help me understand this abit better please thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.