Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

Peter154
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, when you received the email confirmation did you click on the activate tab to actually receive the money? I've won it three times and no problems at all, the first time I also wondered where it went until I reread the email, you have to activate it and then a few days later it will automatically update itself then you'll be able to see it. It really works and defo not a scam. Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

Pisky21
Contributor
Contributor
It shows under the reward tab on paypal page. I've won twice and spent it no problem. It automatically paid - never even knew I'd won either time as got email a couple of days later.
Login to Me Too

Jlongy
New Community Member

Hi, I received an email yesterday saying I had won £25 in this week’s draw, I can’t yet see it on my PayPal balance though. Does it take a little while to appear? Also, can it be used towards an upcoming pay in 3?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jlongy 

Allow 5 days for it to show up on your paypal account, and you can select it as a funding source during checkout when you pay for something.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chris4401
Contributor
Contributor
Click on your browser setting and then click on desktop version then try again
Login to Me Too

Islamai
Contributor
Contributor

I have had email to say i have won £25 in the pay pal prize weekly draw, it stated it would come of my next pay pal purchase however this did not happen.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Islamai 

Allow 5 days for it to post to your balance and then it should show up on checkout when you go to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Islamai
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you 

Login to Me Too

Joe1981
New Community Member

I've had an email to say I've won £25 in the Christmas prize draw but I can't see it ok my account? Could it have been a scam?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joe1981 

Allow 5 days for it to post to your balance, then it should show up in checkout as an option to use for payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.