Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

I was getting the same loop, read someone else's post about scrolling all the way down, and realized that the banner for accepting or rejecting cookies was also all the way at the bottom. Once I got rid of the banner, I could see the entry option. 

Login to Me Too

F3r4l4ng3l
Contributor
Contributor
Does buying things via ebay with PayPal using bank funds for payment count as qualifying for prize draw ?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@F3r4l4ng3l 

Scroll down to see terms and conditions on this page:

https://www.paypal.com/fr/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BoofyLs
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been trying to keep track of if I have won anything from the giveaway week starting November 1st, 2021. On the website it says the giveaway ends on November 7th. Then the drawing date is the 11th, but then it says drawings are every Sunday? I’m confused and need a heads up when to be checking. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @BoofyLs

Great question! 

Winners for this give away will be notified via email. You can find additional details here

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Akh25
Contributor
Contributor
I’m a bit confused as received an entry into the prize draw which I’ve previously opted in for, but when I go to track my entries on the app it says I haven’t got any? Am I doing something wrong? Many thanks in advance for any help!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Akh25,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

Free entries cannot be viewed on the app. Please login to your PayPal account through your browser to view all your entries.

Thanks,

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Temp20211130g
New Community Member

I am logged into my Paypal account on my laptop now and still do not see where to find my number of entries.  Can you please specify how to do this?

Login to Me Too

Ghostett68
Contributor
Contributor

How do I go to the promotions page for the PayPal holiday giveaway? I'm trying to use the free entry method. And It just keeps taking me in a loop. I've been trying to go through Google and even Chrome. But have the same problem. It just doesn't seem possible to enter without purchase. Even though it clearly says, no purchase nessasary to enter. Show me how please? Or at least please put a legitimate link to use for free entries. Otherwise please remove holiday giveaway from site. It should not be impossible to enter. I've tried entering thought Google and chrome. Only to find another brick wall. Please fix or remove

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ghostett68 

Go to the promo page by web searching for “PayPal Holiday Giveaway”, scroll down to the rules and read the fine print.

Or use this link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.