Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

Aeruna
Contributor
Contributor
I just accidentally opted out as well. Help!
Login to Me Too

KaylaMD
Contributor
Contributor
I am so frustrated with PayPal support. Facebook PayPal told me that all I had to do opt back in was submit the free entries again (after I explained the issue several times). The app support said I had to contact the contest admin US Sweeps, which I did, but the official rules state the admin is Merkle. Twitter ask PayPal told me I can’t opt back in. I’ve entered so many sweepstakes the last few months and have never had so much difficulty. They make it so easy to accidentally opt out, but have no solution to opt back in?
Login to Me Too

Aeruna
Contributor
Contributor
This is so ridiculous. It shouldn’t be so easy to accidentally opt out like that. It was the exact same button in the same place as claiming the free entries. I’m beyond angry. Getting a PayPal agent to help has been fruitless.
Login to Me Too

KaylaMD
Contributor
Contributor
I agree. I tried talking to them through Twitter, Facebook, and the app. All agents gave me different answers and it seemed like they had no idea what I was even talking about. That’s exactly how I did it as well, I was trying to submit my free entries and accidentally did the opt out. For a large company you’d think their customer service would be more knowledgeable.
Login to Me Too

Axciv
New Community Member

I also did the same while submitting the free entries. Did you figure out how to opt in? I submitted a free entry again but when I check entries on the app, it doesn’t seem I able to take part anymore 

Login to Me Too

KaylaMD
Contributor
Contributor
I haven’t found any solution yet. Nobody from PayPal was any help. I spoke to them on Facebook, Twitter, and the app and got different responses. I did a $10 purchase to see if I would get the email stating I earned an entry and i didn’t get one. I might call them tomorrow. So far I am very unimpressed with PayPal customer support.
Login to Me Too

Corri1
Contributor
Contributor
Support has no idea what they're talking about because they told me I could only win one prize throughout the whole contest, which is wrong. You could win one prize per week. I also made a purchase for over $10, but I never received an email telling me that I qualified for an entry after that. In fact, even when I try to look at any of my entries it completely blocks me from the contest. Who in their right mind would opt out of a free cash contest! That sucks how they put that opt out button right there that looks just like the 50 free entries. I think it was intentional because they only really want people to spend money and use PayPal they don't want to give money away for free.
Login to Me Too

Jaybee73
New Community Member
It is not. All I get is the same loop.
Login to Me Too

tim1amber1
Contributor
Contributor
same problem for me also
Login to Me Too

Timmydog
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for a little wisdom of simple advice .

Do I automatically get entered into the PayPal weekly prize draw by just making a normal payment with my account or is there a tick box at the final checkout / authorization point

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.