Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

-Ashie-

I found that weird too! I was able to finally submit my "Free Entry" using the mobile app but after I clicked submit I got a pop up message saying that my "Free Entry" was submitted but will not be tracked on the mobile app.... which is weird because thats the only way you can see how many entries you have cause its not an available option when I'm using my laptop. So the app is the only way you can check your entries but our free entries wont be tracked on the mobile app. Make that make sense? LOL

Login to Me Too

mmortal03

I had to clear my paypal.com cookies, log in again, and then the button appeared at the very bottom of the page.

Login to Me Too

kao22
Contributor
Contributor

The trickiness seems to be that you scroll, scroll, scroll to the bottom of your page in the app, and it seems to hit the bottom of the page. Then if you give it one more scroll, even though you thought you hit the bottom... you get the entry.

Login to Me Too

Kerry891
Can I ask, how do you know you have got the 50 free entries? I clicked the enter button and then it came up with thank you you have been entered into the draw but its not showing my entries anywhere?
Login to Me Too

karcer18
Contributor
Contributor

It's very confusing and mysterious. My understanding is you don't automatically win with every purchase, but are entered to win. Nevertheless, I did get an email saying I had won $25 last Tues. evening or early Wed a.m., and still haven't seen it show up in my account. I inquired with customer service, and was told, before making a Shutterfly purchase, it would be applied to the next order, but the entire amount went on my credit card. It appears this isn't real.

I'm using paypal anyway for some purchases, but I'm not going out of my way to do it for everything without an answer to what happened to the $25 I supposedly won.

Login to Me Too

Katiewag26
Contributor
Contributor
Yay it's working now, they must have fixed it
Login to Me Too

Maryhudson33
Contributor
Contributor
It's still not working.
Login to Me Too

SampaT1661
New Community Member
Does anyone know where I can view my entries for the giveaway? I can’t find them anywhere on the app to keep track of them
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SampaT1661 

Make sure you have to new app installed.

Then click the Price tag icon on the bottom once you log on. Then swipe the horizontal panels in until you see the giveaway panel and click it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SKT13
New Community Member
I can’t speak for the OP, but I am having a similar problem and when I go to the price tag icon, the only giveaway related panel takes me to info and rules about the giveaway. Same place I am directed when I get an email that informs me of a giveaway entry, I press the “track my entries” link and get sent to the same general giveaway information page.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.