Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Timmydog,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

Please review this link for information on the weekly promotional draw, and how to enter - https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway#holiday-disclosure

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Timmydog
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the quick reply and info. I understand now , great 😃
Login to Me Too

Classysassy
Contributor
Contributor
Same. Have anyone figured out the problem? Even the customer support didn’t help.
Login to Me Too

Epop23
Contributor
Contributor
I’m wondering if this contest is a scam. I’m having the same problem (the contest started almost a month ago, so you’d think it would be figured out). I called customer service and they couldn’t help. One agent pretended to help but simply hung up on me. So sketchy.
Login to Me Too

Clewis001
New Community Member
Almost seems intentional lol... Or i already have a qualifying purchase and the no purchase option gives you 50 entries and that would put me over the max entries. I guess I'll try again next week without making any purchases. If anyone finds a solution before then please let me know..
Login to Me Too

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor
I have not made any qualifying purchases this week, so indeed the "entry without purchase" method seems to be faulty for at least those who have responded here 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @hargrovekr and others,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble seeing entries into our promotion. If you have made qualifying purchases, and are unable to see your entries through the PayPal App, you should be able to use your email to count your entries as you'll have received an email for each entry.

If you have entered the raffle using the Alternative Mode of Entry (entry without spending), you will not see these entries within the app.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

tim1amber1
Contributor
Contributor
But per the instructions it says we would receive proof of submission. So how do we know that our entries have been successfully submitted?
Login to Me Too

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply, Joy! I did not receive any receipt of entry when using the Alternative Mode of Entry (entry without spending). No email or confirmation page was given. The screen simply refreshed from the user's perspective. Is there a way to verify entries were received through the alternative method? Thank you again for your help.
Login to Me Too

Foziaamin
New Community Member
I’m getting the same loop. This is actually quite a difficult competition to enter.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.