Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Classysassy
Contributor
Contributor
Wow I see it now. I don’t know if they updated it. But I switched over to my iPad. Instead of my phone. So you might need a bigger device like a computer. When you press the link scroll all the way down and there will be “submit entry” button with “thank you for submitting” after. Wow I feel slow if this was here all along.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

KrisKrit
New Community Member

I don't know how to use my $25 promo offer on a purchase. The instructions say to click on the USE OFFER button, but I don't see a button anywhere. Can anyone please help me?

Login to Me Too

yakovk26
Contributor
Contributor

When you checkout (From the site) and pay with PayPal one of the options will be to use this promo

Make sure you see it before you click complete

The way it works is that PayPal charges your card $25 less than the total (e.g. if the total is $100, the card / account only gets charged $75)

Login to Me Too

Jwb52z
Contributor
Contributor

You mean it has to be Papal.com that we use the $25.00 offer on directly?

Login to Me Too

yakovk26
Contributor
Contributor

No, you just have to use them to checkout.

Then - when you get to the "choose payment method" page (the page that opens from Paypal) scroll to the bottom you should see a "offers" section and you could check off an offer

Login to Me Too

BellsRing
New Community Member

I used Paypal to check out at Lowe's but I didn't see my $25 offer at checkout.. how do we know where we can use the $25?

Login to Me Too

yakovk26
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure if the offer is still active now, if it is, and you don't see it, I would reach out to PayPal, because that's where it's supposed to be (for all stores)
Login to Me Too

vampiric
Contributor
Contributor

hi, so as the title reads i accidentally opted out of the giveaway while on the app i had just downloaded. it was making my phone a bit slow. i was wondering if there was anyway to get back in? also is the 5$ promo still not on either? thanks!

Login to Me Too

KaylaMD
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally did too. Did you figure out how to opt back in? I keep getting different answers.
Login to Me Too

Corri1
Contributor
Contributor
I made 3 phone calls and nobody could help me most of the time their Bluetooth headsets don't even work! Then they tried to blame it on me when I don't even use Bluetooth. Anyway finally I asked to speak to somebody in their technical department and he had me on the phone for about a 1/2 an hour then he said he would call me back in a couple of days and I have never heard from him... it's been a week now. I'm really angry with the whole thing because they make that selection to look just like the 50 free entries and then there's no verification oh verification no email that says you opted out or anything it's just very shady to say the least! Oh and then the technician was saying well you won $25 already... And I'm like so what I can win one prize every week and the grand prize is $10000 this is some serious contest.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.