dangram
Contributor
Contributor

Is PayPal working capital giving new loans

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @dangram,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! To know more information about PayPal working capital loan, please take a look at this help center article link. If you need any help, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website.

Best Wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

bluebird211
Contributor
Contributor
I would think so as they have advertising for it. Does appear the algorithm has something wrong and isn't approving a lot of people who comment here. There would be 1000s of customers so I think it's just a small % having trouble.
Login to Me Too

SRTWY
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, PWC has always gone through phases where a not-insignificant number of people start getting denials for no apparent reason.  It's been this way for literal years.

Having said that...Paypal is forcing everyone to switch from Here to Zettle as of next month, yet they have officially acknowledged that Zettle sales are not counting towards PWC eligibility.  Which, I'd imagine, affects a VERY large portion (if not outright majority) of their merchant base.

There's about to be an awful lot of angry people...and unless they fix it, I'd venture to guess PWC itself isn't long for this world.

Login to Me Too

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

For over a year they have known the algorithm was not considering Zettle payments as Paypal payments and disqualifying them when it came to approving new PPWC loans. Even in cases where there were over $20,000 in non-zettle online payments, it still is denying because it sees the Zettle payments as irregular payments and thus suspicious. I don't know if this issue was kept from the reps or if they were told to keep it on the DL. I flat-out had a conversation with a rep before making the switch to Zettle in June and they told me it would in no way affect re-payment or qualifying for future PPWC loans.

As I have been told since that "It's a known problem." and "they are working on it." with no target date in sight. I'm guessing that pretty much every call PPWC gets is slowly becoming this issue now that they have ended PayPal Here.

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com
Login to Me Too

Carmiapple
Contributor
Contributor

It’s very frustrating PP rep told me the same thing. You would think they would be loosing money with this issue. I hope they fix it soon but it doesn’t seem that way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.