I canceled my paypal key. How can I get it back?

MaoFG
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to change the paypal key number so I canceled it. According to the help center, I should be able to create a new one again after I canceled the original key. But now it only shows "coming soon". The other part of my account keeps the same so I should be eligible for the paypal key. What should I do to create a new one?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Tommy

Hi MaoFG, 

We should be able to resolve this for you over the phone. 

We cannot see the details of your account right now via this channel. 

I advise you to contact us via the contact us section at the bottom of your account or via Twitter/Facebook. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

MaoFG
Contributor
Contributor

I have kept trying to contact paypal. However, the message center just kept posting the instructions of paypal key set-up which I have tried many times. I also tried to call them, but they only say I should wait for another paypal key invitation mail. They are not helpful at all.

Login to Me Too

Afranz
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the exact same situation as you. I deleted my key 2 days from your original post with the same intention of trying to get new key. I’m getting frustrated because I have been making many online purchases this few weeks. Also I contacted support chat and phone. Both not providing solution. The “closest” solution was to wait for invitation email.
Login to Me Too

teralt2003
Contributor
Contributor

Same. Plus, I get a text every day telling me that a purchase was declined because my old key was deleted and it has a link to set up a new key. The link doesn't work either. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.